Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex60 2

Osama hasan ยท 2023-02-03 16:02

I have a problem with a Hitachi ex60 2 excavator the engine slows down with stick and boom raising What could be the problem.

Replies6
  1. #1uffex2023-02-04 03:57

    Good day I suggest your first checks should be for the basic engine - Fuel -Air - Compression. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Osama hasan2023-02-04 07:04

    We have rebuild the engine and the main pump .

  3. #3uffex2023-02-04 10:14

    Good day You can install a flow meter, at 100 bars you should measure 60 lts. If this cannot be achieved, the issue is engine related. If you can make the 40 Kw. mark, the problem is hydraulic. While you have rebuilt pump and engine, what is the reason for this? Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Osama hasan2023-02-04 13:29

    This is a repairing issue I'm involved in the customer rebuilt the engine and I rebuilt the main pump I told him that is an engine problem he replied we have rebuilt the engine By the way what is the 40 KW mark and how can I make it . And what could be the hydraulic problem at main pump or at the control valve . Thank you for your kindness Osama .

  5. #5uffex2023-02-04 15:52

    Good day Measuring the engine power is a simple multiplication of flow times pressure divide 600 , in much the same way if the engine is mounted on a dyno meter. 40 Kw. is approximately how much power the Hitachi EX60-2 machine is able to produce. It can be slightly less as a norm. Many folk rebuild engines but overlook injection & turbo components, convinced that the issue is with hydraulics, whereas hydraulics power demands deplete with age and use, rebuilding the pump is one possible cause of power consumption. Providing that the pump is able to reduce the flow and power demand under pressure. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Osama hasan2023-02-04 16:02

    Thank you very much for your reply Not convinced that the cause is hydraulics my opinion was the same as yours but I tried to cover all possible causes . Thanks again this was very helpfully clear .