Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex60-3 sliding window glass removal

cjmc · 2021-05-09 07:22

Hi all I have stripped down the cab on my ex60-3 for spraying. I have removed all the glass from the cab. The sliding windows on the door and right hand side of the cab are in a metal frame which is just bonded to the cab. I have removed the frames, with glass from the cab. I would now like to remove the glass from the frames to properly paint the frames. I have had a look at the manual but I still cant see how they are removed. Anyone ever done this before? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1cjmc2021-05-12 17:41

    Just said I’d give this a bump, Surely someone has broken one of these windows and had to get a replacement glass? Thanks

  2. #2mg23612021-05-13 05:23

    I am not sure about your particular machine, but on the Deere's (which are Hitachi) when you have the frame off the machine you have to spread the top and bottom frames to get the window out.

  3. #3Tones2021-05-13 06:26

    What ever you do don't break them, they are toughened glass and expensive to replace even aftermarket.