Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex60 tracking issue?

Scallyak ยท 2019-08-08 16:29

I recently picked up my ex60-5 from a friend who is starting to build his house. When I started to move around I noticed straight away that by tracking the digger with auto idle selected, she would drop into idle mode. Pulling the track levers isnt enough to keep the engine at a high rev. only by working the two joysticks. Also, the fast track wont work, the light is on when I push the button but she is still in the slow speed. I assume the two are related but can anyone here shed some light on where I can start fault finding on this problem please. Also unrelated but the battery light stays constantly on, is this a sign that the alternator needs work? Thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612019-08-09 04:34

    Welcome to HEF Scallyak ! Most likely a bad propel pressure switch which should be on the right side towards the front of the control valve near the top. The controller needs to see a signal from this switch when propel is activated to bring the machine out of idle. It also needs to see the signal to work the two speed. Do you have a voltmeter? What voltage do you measure at the batteries and at the battery wire on the alternator with the engine running?

  2. #2HiTrak2019-08-10 19:55

    You have an electrical issue,check the fuses,the battery light on means no charge,have a look at the fan belt is there,