Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX60URG warning buzzer and light come one before even starting…

MarcB · 2023-06-11 18:43

Machine seems to operate fine, I will check air filter tomorrow. I just changed fuel filters . Anyone know what this symbol means ?

Replies7
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-06-11 20:11

    Air filter restriction indicator . FYI, at the Deere bookstore there is an option for a free download of the Operators Manual for that Hitachi. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com

  2. #2MarcB2023-06-11 20:56

    curious if it already beeps before starting the engine does that mean wiring gremlins ? or is there some place it needs to be reset and it goes off after so many hours automatically thanks Diesel Dave ! I forgot which JD it is again I tried buying parts from the once the prices were nuts for a bucket pin like 10x

  3. #3Diesel Dave2023-06-11 21:16

    The air restriction switch is generally only 2 wires. With the engine running, unplug the air restriction switch and see if the warning goes out. Deere didn’t market a version of the EX60URG .

  4. #4MarcB2023-06-11 22:19

    I'll be playing with the wires before the engine is even running cause it starts to buzz even just turning on glow plugs. was it a JD50 the normal version ? I just ended up with a URG the reach is really lousy but you don't end up wrecking all kinds of stuff with the counterweight.

  5. #5Diesel Dave2023-06-11 23:43

    The Deere 50 was produced only in 1986-87. I understood the EX60UR started production much later.

  6. #6MarcB2023-06-13 12:43

    funny the next day I went back to machine buzzer had stopped... something got wet electrical stuff. will look into it next time I change airfilter

  7. #7MarcB2023-06-13 12:44

    oh looking online Dave I think it's JD70 which is closer. So same as EX60 -3 or -5... URG version was made not only by Hitachi but some other brand copied it but I guess not Deere. Mine is like early 90s with isuzu engine