Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX80 Alternator

tidewater757 ยท 2018-08-10 06:51

Hello I recently purchased a 2000 Hitachi EX80 excavator, everything runs great except the alternator is missing. The person I bought it from had removed it to replace it and never did and no can no longer find the part. I called my local Deere/Hitachi dealer and they told me its a Grey Era machine and they dont have a parts catalog for that machine. It has a Nissan 4 cylinder diesel engine. Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to find this part. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1montana man2018-08-10 07:34

    i just got a ex60 that has the nissan diesel and he told me it is the same as nissan bd-30 forklift engine hope this helps

  2. #2excavator2018-08-10 13:18

    I'm finding that "it's a Grey Market machine" is just a convenient way to say "I don't want to look up parts for you." A 2000 yr model should be a dash 5? Send me your machine serial number and also engine model number and I'll see what I can do. The alternator might be in the Nissan engine parts book rather than the machine book.

  3. #3tidewater7572018-08-10 14:26

    I PMed you excavator.

  4. #4John C.2018-08-13 11:31

    Ever since Deere took over the dealing in the Hitachi line they have refused to support any gray market machines. It is as much a manufacturer issue as it is a dealer issue. Hitachi used to support all of their machines, any time and anywhere.

  5. #5excavator2018-08-13 11:43

    I went to the Deere parts website and entered EX80-5 and the complete parts catalog came up. Unfortunately the alternator is not included so it must be in the Nissan engine parts catalog. Most Hitachi service manuals will also give a parts number but not the EX80.