Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi excavators with john deere engine

brmachinery ยท 2014-04-02 20:25

Hello Everyone, I have been requested by a client to look for a hitachi excavator with john deere engine, 2000 or earlier model. That about all the information I have. I am totally new to this kind of equipment. Can someone guide me which models to look search for and where to look for them. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1spitzair2014-04-02 21:04

    Welcome to the forums brmachinery! As far as I know, any John Deere excavator these days will be a Hitachi with a Deere engine in it, 2000 or earlier I believe the E series machines (with the exception of the 690E) and later machines are all Hitachi machines with yellow paint and Deere engines. Somebody who actually knows what they're talking about will be along shortly I'm sure to tell you for sure.

  2. #2Joeyslushr2014-04-02 23:53

    All the Deere machines I've been around mostly "c" series and newer have a hitachi plate on them and Deere engines

  3. #3Deeretracks2014-04-03 00:58

    Correct, there are no production Hitachi excavators with Deere engines. Hitachi's run the Isuzu. All Deere's have a Deere engine with the exception of the 135/225/245 short swing machines that are isuzu and older 550/750 that had Cummins engines. Why is he looking for that combo? Just like's Orange? Other than engine/cooling package both machines are the same.

  4. #4Lee (MN)2014-04-04 22:42

    The 800C JD has an Isuzu, If it were me I would look for a Hitachi with an Isuzu, The Isuzu is less trouble IMHO. Lee

  5. #5willie592014-04-04 23:31

    If you have a client that's looking for a 2000 or prior Hitachi excavator with a Deere engine, ain't gonna happen. As mentioned by others, the bulk of Hitachi machines used Isuzu engines. True, there is no physical difference between Deere and Hitachi machines, they are both a Hitachi build, but one of the differences is the engine, Hitachi branded machines and paint used Isuzu engines, Deere branded machines and paint used Deere engines.