Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi fuel system schematic for Isuzu engine?

Jon46 ยท 2023-09-27 08:55

I have an EX60URG 1990's vintage that I am seeking a schematic for so I can track down a fuel blockage. The excavator sat for several years with little fuel in the tank. I sucked out the fuel and as much sediment and rust as possible, poured in a gallon of clean fuel drained that, changed filter filling it with fuel, added 5 gallons fresh fuel, used the inline hand pump to bleed the filter and started the excavator. It fired immediately and idled smoothly. I exercised the boom and bucket then the engine slowed and stopped, restarted and immediately stalled. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-09-27 09:45

    Check the banjo bolt at the primer pump inlet. There is generally a washable fine screen inside the bolt that gets plugged.

  2. #2Jon462023-09-27 09:52

    Thanks Diesel Dave, will try to reach it today.

  3. #3heymccall2023-09-27 10:13

    Movie shows screen location at lift pump.

  4. #4heymccall2023-09-27 10:18

    #11 at your lift pump. Match image to yours.

  5. #5Delmer2023-09-27 13:04

    Another possibility is cracked rubber hoses between the tank and the primer pump. They will hold air, then leak once they warm up or move around a little. Look for cracks at the bends, or just replace them if there's any rubber there. But check the screw in screen inside the banjo bolt first.

  6. #6heymccall2023-09-27 13:59

    Rest of system

  7. #7Jon462023-09-27 16:33

    So I am pretty certain the problem is the screen in the banjo bolt for the inlet to the pump on the bottom. The problem is getting to it. On this excavator the pump is tight to the cab with minimal room for one hand under the boom. Spent some time trying to find sockets or wrenches to have enough swing room and leverage to get at least 1/8 turn at a time. Thanks to all and I will post when sucessful.

  8. #8Jon462023-09-28 13:31

    It was the banjo bolt filter. managed to remove it with a swivel head ratchet wrench, one person holding it under the bolt and a second blindly holding the swivel head up over it.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2023-09-28 15:08

    U KNOW how difficult that 1 bb is to get out.. try removing the whole pump and carrying it to the fuel shop.. Only to have the guy at the fuel shop come out with a 19mm wrench and pull that bb out and SHOWING YOU the stopped up filter..