Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi radio

illinoisboy · 2012-08-04 22:44

R the radios in the hitachi hoes 24 volt ? I need to replace mine. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #12stickbill2012-08-04 23:14

    I believe they are since every thing else is like the lights.You can use a converter that goes from 24 to 12 volts.Look on the radio it might tell you the voltage to make sure.

  2. #2illinoisboy2012-08-04 23:17

    I was not sure if the hitachis had built in 24 to 12 V converters? I know the cigarette lighter is 24 V

  3. #3d9gdon2012-08-04 23:17

    I had a D8R that had a 24V radio in it that went out. When I got a replacement, they only made them in 12V supposedly because the vibration had something to do with shortening its life. The 12V converter is only about $40 if i remember right.

  4. #4pp13bnos2012-08-05 00:18

    My 120-5 is a 24v unit.

  5. #5illinoisboy2012-08-05 05:03

    I know it's 24 volt system, just don't know if it had an internal converter to 12 volts for the radio. I'm Guessing no. The radio works but it is am only. Other than Dave Ramsey , talk radio is boring

  6. #6willie592012-08-05 11:26

    I agree with others, install a 24V to 12V converter and install pretty much any radio you want to. http://www.amazon.com/24V-Power-Supply-Transformer-Converter/dp/B005CMIV2K

  7. #7Mplant2012-08-05 15:30

    Been watching forum a long time,finally decided to join. I think the radio has to be short because of the servo pipes.I bought a used hitachi radio because a new one is €400+ tax. Dust and vibration seems to leave an ordinary radio with a short lifespan.