Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi uh083lc

lminter240 ยท 2010-10-13 12:17

I Have an Excavator ...the gyro swing works good..boom and bucket motion works good...the tracks go forward and reverse simultaneously with no problem also. The only issue I'm having is when the individual tracks go the opposite direction to steer, the excavator looses complete power to the tracks. checked each individual track final hydraulic drive and found no issues.

Replies11
  1. #1stumpjumper832010-10-13 12:45

    then jump turn and only use one track at a time steering... have you tried settin the machine up on blocks and seeing if they will counter rotate under a no load contition? I know it take alot of oil pressure and flow to counter rotate, is it possible with that machine that your hydraulically stalling the machine?

  2. #2JeremiahSr2010-10-13 13:35

    Swivel seals probly bad. The swivel joint is in the center of machine. It's what allows the machine to turn without hoses. When these seals go out, the oil gets lost like a blown hose and 1 of the signs of it being this is it tracks good back and forth but not counter rotate. Pic below is of a kobelco but what is circled on bottom is it. Sometimes it comes out bottom, sometimes the top. I'm not sure on that model. Hope this helps.

  3. #3lminter2402010-10-14 20:58

    Thank you - I start tested on this week -

  4. #4jey_c2010-11-08 14:42

    i have a fiat hitachi W270 wheel loader with slow hydraulic speed for boom and bucket, and even the steering is slow. sometimes i have a red light warning pressure on the monitor panel and at the same time the boom and bucket don't move even when lever are actuated, could it be pilot pressure problem or electrical problem. can aybody help me or send me a shop maual to: [email protected]

  5. #5lminter2402010-11-08 20:37

    Check hydraulic filters, and hydraulic pressure

  6. #6Wardiker2010-11-09 02:21

    What year is this machine and how many hours does it have? I have a 1991 Ex60, with 4k hrs, the finals are getting a bit tired but she moves fine, struggles up hills but I just use the boom to help if its a problem. However I could never spin it around (one track moving each way) and I see that the pro's dont do that either. If I have to make a tight turn I simply plant the bucket lift the front a couple to 3' of the ground, hit one track forward and use the boom swivel as well and she turns on a dime.

  7. #7jey_c2010-11-09 11:03

    i changed filters, but i have no idea about the relief pressure and from where can i mesure pressure, i need some manual otherwise it is very difficult to backengineer the system

  8. #8lminter2402010-11-17 20:20

    I have Yanmar excavator B50- 1998 - I looking for travel motor or final drive used parts or used unit, I stop @ the dealer asking $ 6000 for rebuilt - no good- someone have idea to find this parts - thank you guys

  9. #9finaldrive2010-11-17 21:31

    I'll send you a private message. I have new finals on the shelf for your machine and are most definitely not $6000.

  10. #10lminter2402010-11-18 16:50

    Final drive my machine Yanmar B50-rubber track, serial 10729B please send price about travel motor $$$??????? thank you [email protected] (New Jersey)

  11. #11finaldrive2010-11-18 21:18

    Check your private message lminter240