Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi uh123 final drive

Timneh1952 ยท 2023-11-17 20:46

Finnally got the final drive repaired cone seal was dried out and cracked replaced both 41 tooth friction plate was destroyed.It was not a difficult job for me since I have a good team but I spent a lot of time tracking down the parts.was on what's app with China vendor all night and she found them i ordered 2 of all that I needed since in the spring im doing the other side.Next is the rebuild of the propel motor it to is leaking but I can handle that by hand.I have all the rebuild parts and A warm shop.thanks again to all that helped me with this.after seeing the prices on buying rebuilt it was a no brainer that I would rebuild this myself.

Replies16
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-11-17 21:58

    Good to hear you making progress ! Do you have the parts to re-seal the propel brake as well ?

  2. #2Timneh19522023-11-18 01:16

    Diesel Dave the propel brake are those in the final drive blue orings

  3. #3Timneh19522023-11-18 01:19

    Have the seal kit for the hydraulic motor plus the washer and a new nut found the washer one was hard to find but I found one on eBay got lucky nut is in transit from floridia

  4. #4Timneh19522023-11-18 07:06

    Hi Where is the case drain filter on this uh123 Hitachi with the hino motor been looking at to clean the element of !there is one.Thanks

  5. #5Diesel Dave2023-11-18 08:50

    Not sure on the colour but in the screenshot below the o-rings are 2x #50 and 1x #51 .

  6. #6Timneh19522023-11-18 09:27

    Good morning Dave are 50 and 51 inside the the hydraulic propeller motor

  7. #7Diesel Dave2023-11-18 09:35

    No , 50 and 51 are just inside the final drive housing # 1

  8. #8Timneh19522023-11-18 09:35

    If not they were replaced since I haven't opened the drive motor yet all final drive rubber seals were replaced had to use a brass punch to get to i believe were 50 and 51 they were big orings

  9. #9Timneh19522023-11-18 09:37

    Two pieces of metal thick rings pressed together

  10. #10Timneh19522023-11-18 09:38

    Rings were wrapped around them

  11. #11Timneh19522023-11-18 09:46

    You being the expert what do you think caused the 41 tooth friction plate to jam and get distorted had a time with a long lunch to get it out without any damage ?

  12. #12Diesel Dave2023-11-18 09:51

    Looking at the screenshot what item # would be the 41 tooth plate ?

  13. #13Timneh19522023-11-18 12:57

    59 it has a tooth pattern of 10 space 10 space 10Space and 11

  14. #14Timneh19522023-11-18 13:00

    Found in China bought 2

  15. #15Diesel Dave2023-11-18 18:57

    I can only assume that overtime the 41 tooth friction plate cut a slight groove/notch into the splines of the final drive hub and got hung up and was no longer sitting flat. The brake application spring force would have been uneven on the plate and weakened it.

  16. #16Timneh19522023-11-18 21:05

    Thank you it did. show a groove on it.Haven't got into the travel motor yet got a price on a rebuilt from one vendor for 6000.00 USA waiting to here on another I'm sure I'll be rebuilding that also .