Hey guys. Have 200 Hitachi z-axis previous owner has a ton of plumbing extras on it. I just acquired a new to me ho pac and was wondering which lines to hook up too. It currently has a thumb that my right joystick activates. I'm hoping to use the buttons on my left stick to activate it. There are valves on both sides. My thumb is teed of the smaller one. I'm guess the smaller quick connect should be for my return line. The machine has a toggle switch by the batteries for an mp15 processor 4 way or 2 way. Do I want to run the ho pac off the teed valves for the thumb and just close the valve to the thumb while I use it. I'll try an get more pictures tomorrow of al the extra goodies on here. (Not sure why my photos aren't showing up.) Thanks Tommy.
Always run hopacs in one way flow. In 2 way flow there's more back pressure with the return oil having to be pushed through your control valve and that increases the risk of blowing out motor seals. High back pressure and too high of flow being forced in are very hard on attachments. Typically (but not always) most machines tend to be set up with pressure on the cab side of the boom and return on the other side. I wouldn't want to run anything smaller than 1 inch on a return line with most higher flowing attachments.
I got it plumbed up off a valve that is tee'd off from one side of the cylinders that runs to my thumb. I closed the valves to the thumb. And the return line is plumbed to a line that comes down the center of my stick and from what I can tell runs back to the tank. The hopac works awesome. I just hope it's not seeing to much flow ? I guess there really isn't a need to use my thumb at the same time so I don't mind if I have to open and close the valves each time I switch back and forth.
Can you post picture(s) of the plumbing on the stick . What model ho pac ?
@Diesel Dave . Not sure of the model, can't seem to find any serial numbers. I guess my original photos were too big to post so I cropped em smaller.
Looks like high flow kit to run the MP15 jaw and low flow kit to run the MP15 rotate ,thinking HKX brand based on the style of tube clamps. The low flow kit which you are supplying the ho pac and the thumb are generally max 20 GPM so not likely to be excess flow for the hopac but can’t confirm. Any tag on the hydraulic motor ?
No tag. One underneath the motor partially missing. It has grease points on either side of the motor or bearing housing. But it has what looks like a weep hole that was seeping some milky looking oil. I need to clean. Off the fresh paint and find out why they painted it. Ive seen some hopac models that have an oil bath and fill / drain ports.
Looks like it might be an older Allied/Rammer. I think the older ones had greased bearings and a dry exciter housing.