Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi zaxis 40u3

IceHole · 2023-10-21 01:27

This a filter? I ordered in a hydraulic filter, should be here next week, but I think it's in the tank? The info on the tag doesn't cross to any filter the parts store can find. What's this switch?. It takes a key. I thought maybe was a main power like alot of CATs have, but it's not.

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-10-21 01:58

    It’s the pilot filter. FYI at the Deere bookstore there is an option to download a free copy of the Operators manual for that Zaxis40U-3. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com

  2. #2IceHole2023-10-21 02:00

    I have the books, no mention of either that I found.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2023-10-21 02:08
  4. #4IceHole2023-10-21 14:08

    Thanks for the book link, it's way better than the version I paid for. The panel under the pilot filter is missing, any idea on a part number or just better to make one? The one under the fuel tank was bent so I pulled it to fix, of course snapped 2 bolts. The one under the engine already had 1 snapped bolt, got it out by welding a nut to it.