The machine is a 2015. After pressure washing my machine, I'm getting 5 different trouble codes. I have three different manuals In pdf form, none of them have trouble codes. I HATE how hard it's been to track down *** is going on with this machine now. Is there a scanner that I can buy? It appears as though water in the fuel is one of the codes. I dont have 500$ for a dealer service field call after I just spent 30k on a machine. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to HEF Jay ! W:1201 - Water in Fuel W:1102 - Regeneration Request 0006C-0A - Atmospheric Pressure sensor Characteristic Fault 7F859-00 - Water Separator Alarm 00E87-10 - Stationary Regen Standby Unfortunately with this code 00E87-10 which translates to SPN - 003719 FMI - 16 means that code cannot be cleared until a stationary regeneration is performed. This code ( 0006C-0A Atmospheric Pressure sensor Characteristic Fault)as spelled out in the Yanmar diagnostic manual is an issue with the sensor that is internal to the ECU and not replaceable. The ECU is not the issue. It does not have an internal atmospheric pressure sensor. I suspect the issue causing the regen request is the EGR pressure sensor mounted on the top front of the engine. Maybe the ports are iced up?? Moisture in the connector?? Failed sensor or it's wiring?? Perform the following: Press and hold the menu button (button to the left), then key on. When the display comes up, release the button. Then press the same button once to enter the menu. Scroll to trouble code record. Clear the codes. Cycle key. Run the machine and see what codes come back. Post what comes back.
If all was good before pressure washing, I would try and get the unit inside, open up all the service panels and let it dry out.
Wow man. I cant even thank you enough for your response. Leave it to the legends on the forums to save the day. That's always the case. Can I ask how you found out the meaning of these codes? I will head out and follow your instructions in your last paragraph later today. I should also drain the water separator bowl too probably yeah? There looks to be a small amount of black stuff in there. Maybe from bacteria growth from water being in the fuel previously? I should add that a few months back this machine threw a W:1100. I had trucks bringing in dirt so I had to keep running and eventually the W1100 turned to an E1100. The screen turned dark with only the e1100 showing and was making a solid beeping sound. I shut it off and when I started it the code had cleared and operation was back to normal. Dealer said it was from an atmospheric pressure sensor issue. I asked if I could bring the computer into them for repair, but they preferred I bring the whole machine in. I dont have a way to do that currently so I've had to neglect. I will get back to you after I follow your instructions. Thank you so much man.
Yeah it was a dry and semi warm day out yesterday so I did what you said minus bringing it indoors. I'm recovering from being real sick for two weeks so I havent had the energy to do much more than that. Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate you guys.
From the Yanmar TNV Series Troubleshooting manual. The part number for the manual is 0DTN4G00200. Or you could view it hear. https://issuu.com/heydownloads/docs/001-026_yanmar_tnv-series_industrial_engine_troubl
How do I perform a manual regen? It has a physical toggle button but when I push/hold it nothing happens.
Engine at operating temperature, engine at idle, safety lever in the up position (hydraulics disabled), if your machine has a regen inhibit button, then that needs to be set to allow regen, press and hold the regen button for one second or more. Engine rpm should increase in speed if successful. If that does not work, then someone with diagnostic software has to do it.
It looks like it worked. Thanks alot man. It's still doing the three beeps in succession while the regen is going. Hopefully this will clear the two remaining codes. (Regen and atmospheric pressure sensor)
Well the second the regent stopped, E1100 came back with a solid beep sound. Fml
E1100 on the screen tells me "Parked Regen" has been disabled and now you need the assistance of someone with the software to perform a DPF Recovery. They will also have to check the soot loading models to help determine the root cause. Most likely cause on those machines would be either the DPF differential pressure sensor or the EGR pressure sensor.
I'll have to find someone to come out and do that. Fml. Thanks alot for your help man.
What does e1100 mean though? The machine has done that before. Then it just went away. Would it be worth it for me to buy the equipment to do what needs to be done myself? Excuse the harshness but **** this machine. Should I just delete all this ******** and put a stand alone fuel management system like an sds on this thing? I can't find any mobile guys in the area other than the dealership. Their proximity to me puts me at a $500 bill just for them to show up....
Means there is an engine error.
E:1100 is generic for many engine failures. You must go to the service menu to know in more detail what is wrong with the engine.
Where did you get those pages from?! Such a big help I will go out and run through it all again tomorrow. I'll probably do another parked regen, and see if e1100 comes back again. If it does, I'll have to call a guy with equipment to do a dpf recovery which is the highest form of regen. Is that all correct? I appreciate you guys and your time spent helping me. Thank you.
I havent been able to find a mechanic to do a dpf recovery. I had a guy scheduled, but he no called no showed. I need to find someone to fix this, or I need to buy the equiptment to do it myself. Is that even possible? Or would i have to take classes for two years just to figure out the language/nomenclature? I dont mind spending a grand or so on electronics to fix this thing. What do you guys think?
I personally don't know if you can purchase the software for that. You may need a dealer tech to do it.
Welcome to the forum