Hi, I have a 2004 Hitachi ZX 200LC hoe with some issues. It must be a sticking relay or something, but I can't seem to find the exact problem. The gauges and light panel have no power and the various functions like the window shield wipers, lights, heater fan, HI/LOW range are not working. The hoe still runs fine and the machine still moves and the boom and stick still do everything they are supposed to. Here's the interesting part - it will have a dead control panel for an hour of running it and all of a sudden decide to light everything up again. Then the hi/low range works, the lights, and windshield wipers etc. Does anyone know what could cause this specifically? Would the master relay above the batteries be the problem? Thanks.
Not likely, if the big battery relay malfunctions the machine should not start. This is assuming nothing has been modified from new. I am not familiar with this machine but CAT for instance has a split fuse panel on some excavators, half of it is hot when the battery relay closes, the other half runs through a power relay. Might also be a fusible link issue.
Okay, thanks. I will have a look at those.
thankyou! Checked fusible link. 65a WAS blown! Back in business!
Good job! :drinkup