Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hitachi zx 870-3 excavator with tripple boom

geert-yke ยท 2006-05-28 11:28

The new zx 870-3 excavator from Abeko from the netherlands. Geert

Replies23
  1. #1Tigerotor77W2006-05-28 11:45

    Can anyone shed some light on the nomenclature of Hitachi's line, specifically what the ZX520 and ZX870 represent? Are they simply heavy-duty versions of the ZX450 and 850?

  2. #2Dozerboy2006-05-29 02:52

    Geert What is the real advantage to a triple boom? The only thing I can see is I would think it would add to your reach, or maybe in case you want to scratch your butt? :bouncegri

  3. #3geert-yke2006-05-29 13:32

    The advantage from the triple boom is the break out force. Because the adjustable boom and the very special and very strong construction. Another advantage is the machine can handle more weight at long distance. It' s required, because the company does a lot of dredging work and coast defense work by laying heavy concrete bloks and laying overburden on the bottom on the sea. The also used the machine on a ponton for trenching work on sea. So the need the adjustable boom for working from the ponton. But the machine can also used in demolition. On the site www.laarakkers.de you can see the 850 from abeko in demolition handing a 8 ton Krupp hydraulic hammer. So through the very strong boom you can handle very heavy shears and demolition attachments. So it can also be the perfect be the machine in the industry demolition. Geert-Yke

  4. #4digger242j2006-05-29 14:16

    From an operator's perspective--When operating a triple boom like that, does the operator use the boom sections in a coordinated manner with the dipper and bucket? To clarify, when I'm operating a conventional excavator, I'm constantly making coordinated movement of the bucket, dipper, boom, and swing, sometimes all at the same time. Does an operator integrate the other boom section into all that, or is it more of a matter of setting it at a certain angle, working it at that angle for a while, and then moving it again when needed? Also, how is it controlled--a seperate stick in the cab, or a selector switch on one of the other sticks (like the boom swing on some mini excavators), or something entirely different?

  5. #5tylermckee2006-05-29 14:43

    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe a foot pedal?

  6. #6sbrem2006-05-29 15:00

    Yup. Foot pedal is right. At least thats how it works on the Cat M312 at my work. I hardly ever run it, but it seems like the guys that do just leave that part of the boom in one place for the most part.

  7. #79420pullpan2006-11-14 22:28
  8. #8Countryboy2006-11-14 22:48

    So how many pedals do the multiple (more than 3) booms have. Or is that a different set up all together?

  9. #99420pullpan2006-11-14 23:03

    i would hope that the controls would be one the joysticks

  10. #10Nac2006-11-15 15:19

    Yes it schould have a foot pedal for the third member. It is helpfull for more reach and more hieght beacuse you can put the boom straight up. I am in the process of specing out a 7.5 metric ton zero swing with the tree piece boom and a custom stick to mount a nother rock drill so i have more range of motion with out moving the machine. Hopefully I get the rock job i bid and will be adding this machine.

  11. #11geert-yke2006-11-20 15:13

    Good pictures again that Pullpan posted!!! Why don't you tell you take them from www.bouwmachineforum.nl and mention the source of the photographer!!!!:nono The 870-3 demolition is from the company Euro Demolition. There I am working for. Pictures are made my an Hitachi Mechanical Engineer. So when you post pictures here from other people, it's nice to mention where you found them!!!

  12. #12drystack2006-11-20 18:06

    Why? We all know they aren't his pics; we just appreciate looking at them. I bet no one here cares where they came from.

  13. #13334 lawn co2006-11-20 18:08

    i know i dont.:bouncegri

  14. #14Dozerboy2006-11-20 21:44

    Guys Geert is right we should post where there from if there not ours, but Geert crying over it on the thread ain't going do anything send him a PM and quit cluttering up the threads with this BS.

  15. #15digger242j2006-11-20 22:02

    Guys, Geerte is looking at this from the point of view of the photographer. (Which for some of the posted photos, he is.) My personal experience: I, and another friend, took some aerial photos of a large project I was working on, from an airplane belonging to a friend of ours, who is also a member here. The developers asked for them, for use in some sort of presentation or competition. All that we asked in return was that the photo work be properly credited to us. It wasn't. I understand where Geerte is coming from on this. If all you're asking for is credit, that doesn't cost anybody anything, and you still don't get it, it leaves you feeling screwed...

  16. #169420pullpan2006-11-20 22:19

    see im not sure how to deal with all of this i didnt want to post a link to another website bc i didnt know if that was alright. and i apologize for that i am just an equipment junkie who does this for a hobby i have no intentions of claiming any credit for any pics i find on the net. so once again im am truely sorry for offending you, so tell me what you would like me to do to resolve this problem. i do not want to create any friction at all.. i hope that you understand thanks bill

  17. #17Steve Frazier2006-11-20 22:35

    I've made mention of the policy of this Board before, I'll repeat it here again. If a anything is posted here that has been copied from another site, that donor site should be credited with the photo, text, diagram or what have you. Not only is it common courtesy, but it serves to protect this site from copyright infringement as well. It's the nature of the business. I have no problem with the members being informed of a site which hosts information they may be interested in with one exception that I won't go in to here. If we lose traffic to another site as a result of this, it means we are doing something wrong here.

  18. #18CascadeScaper2006-11-21 01:31

    Technically if the photo isn't used for profit or benefit, the photographer does not need to be credited, but it's common courtesy to do so. As a photographer myself, I've let friends take some of my photos and use them as their desktop background, but only if I can put my watermark on them. I know they won't sell behind my back, but I sure feel better.

  19. #19Grader4me2006-11-21 07:06

    My two cents...In my line of work I develop training courses on equipment, safety, etc. In a lot of cases I have to surf the internet for pictures and information. Any picture or information that is used I make sure that the photographer is credited and also a link is provided to the web site that I used. I guess the same should be applied in this forum. Pullpan, everyone enjoys your pictures, so don't be to hard on yourself. With your pictures just add the link giving credit where credit is due.:thumbsup

  20. #20MetalDragon_boy2006-11-21 13:07

    Ever heard of Copyright laws? You can get sewed to Florida if you are unlucky...

  21. #21Steve Frazier2006-11-21 14:40

    OK guys, enough discussion about copyrights and such, let's get back to talking about the Hitachi. Regardless of the laws, it is the policy here on the Board to credit photos to their source. Thanks.

  22. #229420pullpan2006-11-21 15:08

    Amen

  23. #23334 lawn co2006-11-21 20:33

    i second that. all this talk of copyright laws and such has got me confused.:dizzy