could anyone please help, looking for the Diagnostic port location for a ZX130 LCN-7 using Mpdr 3.9
Hi thanks a lot but i think that may be a LCN-6 as mines different, please see attached picture wondering if the socket has changed to this circular one
the newest thing I found is LCN-6 ((
I have the same problem with the Hitachi ZX490LCH-7 excavator. After looking at the wiring diagram, I found that the 7th series uses a 9-pin Deutsch connector. It uses a can bus with a speed of 500 kbps. Pinout: Pin A: ground, pin B: +24VDC, pin C: can_H, pin D: can_L. I found out from a local dealer that they use the MPDR 3.38 diagnostic tool with a special adapter. I have not seen the adapter myself yet, since I spoke on the phone. I have no problems with all other models 6th, 5th, 3rd. They have the same 6-pin connectors. 3 pins are used and communication occurs via RS232 (Serial TXD and RXD). If anyone knows more information on how to get through to the "brains" of my giant, let me know. I will also let you know as soon as I find out more information.
Hi robmalus, here is what ive found out so far I spoke with a tec who works at Hitachi and he told me all new -7 medium excavators are now using J1939 connector also known as the 9-pin Deutsch connector and they are using the kvaser interface that has a J1939 connector directly attached. take a look at this one on the Kvaser website it has the J1939 connector directly attached Kvaser Leaf v3 J1939-13 Type II kvaser.com also see this link Kvaser J1939-13 Type II to Dsub9 Adapter Cable 2.5 m A high-quality 2.5 m long, shielded 9-pin J1939-13 Type II to 9-pin D-SUB cable. This halogen-free, flame-retardant CAN-bus cable provides reinforced strain relief for both connectors, essential for repeat connections in harsh environments. The Type II connector is used for trucks, buses and... kvaser.com here i think you could buy the J1939 connector lead and probably buy the normal Kvaser interface with the 9 pin D-sub connector cable, this way i suppose you could then use the Kvaser interface for other applications rather than having the J1939 directly attached. i did contact Kvaser regarding this interface being used by Hitachi to try and find out the exact one, but they aren't very helpfull, as far as i could work out from the email replys they sent its as though they dont know that hitachi is using their interface. Maybe Hitachi dont buy the Kvaser directly. I did manage to get a phone number for one of their reps so i'm going to call him this week
P.S your machine is a beast
Thanks for the answer. Do you think that if I buy Kvaser, it will work 100%? Or should I wait until you call and get an answer? In the photo is my "beast".
It only just fits through the door, lol im really not sure if the Kvaser will work with MPDr whether the drivers are automated through MPDr or already installed on the Kvaser was my worry. But fortunately its not a huge amount of money to take a chance on, ill try calling the rep today
Thank you very much if you let me know about this.
anyone feedback on this thread? if the Kvaser will work with MPDr diagnostic software? i have same problem on it.