Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX130 LCN-7 sump removal

Bagoshite ยท 2025-04-22 06:59

Hi all, does anyone know if the engine sump (Toyota 1KDE) can be removed in situ ? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-04-22 07:22

    No idea but love the name!

  2. #2Gary Layton2025-04-22 10:30

    I love "in situ"...keeping the language alive.

  3. #3Bagoshite2025-04-22 11:56

    Thanks Gary, looks a right job was worried not enough room looks tight fit near chassis section considering it must have a long oil pickup, you don't happen to also know where the diagnostic socket it do you ?

  4. #4Gary Layton2025-04-22 12:54

    Not a clue...learning from the guys that will eventually show up here to help you.

  5. #5Mobilewrench2025-04-22 21:00

    I would imagine. I had to remove an oil pan on a zx120 a few years ago because someone tried to use gasoline as a start aid and bent a con rod. That was a pain because that machine had a blade and it broke down with the engine bay over the blade arms. That was an Isuzu engine. But I don't think I have ever ran across an excavator that you couldn't get the oil pan off of fairly easily.