Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX135-6 Enable electric control lever

Bullitt ยท 2023-08-08 15:02

So I am trying to figure out how to enable the electric control lever on the right hand joystick of my ZX135-6. I want to be able to control the thumb without having to use the foot lever. I can't for the life of me find any information regarding it in the manuals.

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2023-08-09 04:57

    Good day Attached may help if you do not have it. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2mg23612023-08-09 05:20

    Don't know what options your machine came with, however if your right lever has a roller switch, did you turn it on with the rocker switch under your right armrest?

  3. #3Bullitt2023-08-15 21:55

    There is no rocker switch oddly enough. I contacted the dealer to see if there is a kit needed. Waiting to hear back on that. Just blows my mind they installed a lever with the roller switch but no purpose for it.

  4. #4mg23612023-08-16 05:23

    IIRC, all the machines come with that handle, but the control of it is usually an option.

  5. #5JLav2026-06-25 07:29

    Hi Bullitt, Did you get this figured out? I'm in the same situation. ZX130LCN-6. How can I make the roller switch operate the thumb instead of using foot pedal?

  6. #6Bullitt2026-07-17 15:06

    The control valve didn't have the necessary solenoid to control the function electronically. Shop didn't want to upgrade so left the machine as is.

  7. #7FWD2026-07-17 17:50

    I have a ZX160LCN-5 and I like the foot pedal thumb control. FWD