Serial FF01U1Q203192 Worked fine friday, this morning the circuit is blowing fuses. The local dealership has always installed HKX components and controllers for their auxiliaries. But the sticker to identify the build is not on the machine. The dealer is supposed to try and find out what was installed but the dealership was sold from American Machinery to Papa 2 or 3 years ago so I am not going to hold my breath. Right now, I am pretty suspicious of the HKX controller itself but I cannot see anything obvious in the controller circuit board (even if I did, I would have no idea what the replacement part would be). I have ruled out shorts to or in the solenoid coils, the auxiliary cut off switch, the joystick wiring and wiring from the fuse panel to the controller. Anyone have any advice on trouble shooting this HKX electrical system?
Just saw that I forgot to tell you the auxiliary was primarily for a hydraulic thumb, so two way.
When does the fuse blow, right away or only when using a function ? Give HKX a shout. The kit and machine sn# would have been registered at HKX.
Blows as soon as you turn the key to on or have the key on and plug in the controller. Thanks I will call them.
They were incredibly helpful. A lot of testing this week leads to replacing the joystick, the controller and the wiring harness. Near as I can tell the thumb wheel on the joystick went bad and took out the controller. The controller is obsolete, so I need a new wiring harness. About $3000 all in. What I am wondering is, why wouldn't I just replace all of these with a good old fashioned pedal pilot valve? And can anyone point me to where to find one. Preferably one that will fit the hole in the floorboard where the foot rest is and can be locked. I am betting that I can pull the auxiliary pedal out of there zx35 (serial# FF01MBQ235797) and just slap it in the zx200lc-3. My dealer cannot seem to find the part.
Can you send a pic of the slot in your floor for the pedal? Ive had similar issues with toggle switches failing for my thumb control. I ended up installing a Kawasaki foot pedal plumbing into the circuit half Way through a job to get me through, it’s now a permanent fixture and backup but give me joystick control any day if the week, its twice as productive.
I left the machine and didn't take any pictures. Where did you source your pedal?
See ZX200LC-3 parts link below for the pilot valve , pedal and linkage etc. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/27376/referrer/search/pgId/1649850 . A ZX35 valve/ pedal may be a cheaper option.
Thanks guys. I am sorry that I have left this open thread. I did end up replacing all of he problematic electronic stuff with a treadle valve. Less than a third of the price and bullet proof. My only complaint is that I could only find a left hand (foot?) Pedal. I would have preferred the right foot so that operators didn't use it as a hand hold while climbing into the cab.