Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX300LC-6 Not starting problem

ROAMER_AUS ยท 2026-06-21 17:07

Hi all!!! I have bit of a strange problem with this machine. It just died. Like it was turned off with a key. Now when you crank it, it has massive black smoke coming from the exaust, even smelling like unbrunt diesel. When I put my hand on the turbo exaust side outlet, I can even feel greasy hand with diesel smell. Pressure during cranking 80 bar cca. no more than that. Diagnostic reading matches gauge reading. Capped off injectors one by one, no change what so ever. No fuel coming out of overpressure valve. Disconnect pump from the rail, measure pressure, 2000 bar at the pump output, after I stop cranking it holds steady at 500 bar. No fault codes on the machine. Getting a bit lost here..... Help anyone? Thanks!!!

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612026-06-22 06:35

    Are you sure the rail pressure sensor is reading correctly? If the ECU thinks it is at 80 bar, then it might be fueling the heck out of it to try and drive up the pressure.

  2. #2ROAMER_AUS2026-06-22 16:11

    Double checked with the gauge. Same pressures.