Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX350 Hydraulic thump opens , won’t close.

trip ยท 2017-09-18 15:20

Hello everyone, I had a perfect working ZX350 lc3 that got a hole in the A/C evap which is under the seat. Removed seat, rear partial shelf, uplugged many wires (after I marked them) replaced evap and put back together. Problem, everything works except Hyd thumb close. This is located on R/S hand grip with two buttons. Left =open and Right = close. When I switched the plugs by my lower right elbow the Right was now = open. I think that that tells me that the button are OK. There is a relay panel behing the seat with 4 blue relays. the two on the right (looking towards rear of machine) I think go to open/close buttons. When I push open does open) L relay clicks and all works great, when I push R/S button R relay clicks but no close. I am assuming that I have power to relay if it clicks??? Thought that the problem was then between wires going out of relay andand out of cab. I was going to start looking "down the line outside of the cab but I still think its something in cab because it worked fine 4 hours earlier and only unplugged and replugged. Any thought would be appreciated, thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1GaryHoff2017-09-18 23:16

    Did you do the simple checks first? Fuses are all ok? You have the auxiliary hydraulics in sheer (bi-directional) mode? (breaker mode only gives you flow in one direction) Behind the seat the there is a 3 pin connector SR/H, for the right handle. It may be poked out a little ways through the cab hole. Check the connector for power when you push the buttons on the right joystick. ( black wire is ground, other wires are switched power from joystick ) If you have power, then check the diodes for the auxiliary solenoids, which should be on the frame behind the cab.