...ok...dumb question for the day. What the heck is this icon on the left panel?? It lights up...nothing seems to change on the machine? Can't find the operators manual for it, only the zx35u-2 and later... ...upsidedown dash pic...
Auto-idle?
Turns out that is the auto idle, you are correct I missed this on the newer manual because it was so small. I had to blow it up massively to see it. Now I just need to figure out how to start it correctly in cold weather. It doesn't have the pre-heat setting on the ignition switch that later versions do.
Dude 1 at the plant: What picture should we use for auto-idle? Dude 2: Just show a piston and crankshaft with an arrow. Dude 1: Brilliant! That will be self-explanatory to everyone. Dude 1 and 2 are stoned......
If turning left doesn't light up the glow indicator, does it come on when turning right to the first notch?
Unfortunately no. Maybe it has an automatic timer that's bad? There isn't a left position like on the next model.
Possible there's a timer, even a temp sensing setup... seems odd they would automate it and then go back to the key switch.... maybe somebody out there has a wiring diagram or the correct operator's manual...
The correct manual would be awesome
Finally got Deere to cooperate, they do show a glow plug timer in the relay panel, #15: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/58520/referrer/navigation/pgId/484750
Sweet - thanks! Could be an automatic one like in my bobcat, just comes on each time.
Us Dudge/Cummins guys don't know anything about that, lol
That darned auto-idle never did do anything when I was at the property this weekend. I'll have to look into it more when I'm finally down for the winter.
Any luck with figuring out the auto idle? I’ve got a similar problem, no auto idle and I’m stuck in low speed... I’m thinking they may be related...
Mine doesn't have a button for the higher speed. I did not figure out what the auto idle problem is yet