Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX40-U

IceHole ยท 2023-08-30 16:31

Think it's a U3. Thumb is an add on I think. Whoever added it did very nice work. The relief isn't set right and the bucket reliefs before the thumb. I have to slightly run the thumb open to curl the bucket while pinching something. Any ideas what pressures I adjust to? I think this is the pressure relief for it.

Replies3
  1. #1IceHole2023-08-30 16:37

    Also it easy to swap to standard Hitachi joystick button control for the thumb. The foot pedal is a pain, I'm so used to joystick like on the 200 and 330 I have a bunch if seat time.

  2. #2excavator2023-08-30 20:55

    On a full size machine I usually set them at 1800-2300 psi. You might just have to play with it a bit. To switch it over to joy stick control you'll need a DO3 solenoid valve and sub plate, plumb into the pilot system and go to the top and bottom control valve auxiliary ports.

  3. #3IceHole2023-08-31 02:15

    The pedal I'm pretty sure is electric. At least there's a wire harness there.