Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX450LC-3

Chris H · 2020-06-11 20:09

Is anybody have any experience with this machine? I have a overheating issue I just can’t figure out. I have replace thermostats, water pump, pulled radiator to have cleaned/flushed out at local shop, and fan pump rebuilt thinking it could be issue, and pulled head and had check. Fan is turning 600 rpm while running it and won’t go faster like computer won’t control it. I can unplug the fan solenoid on pump and will speed up to 1150 rpm which is just a Little under spec in book. My question is will that 100 rpm fix my issue? I’m just trying to get different angles of this issue cause I’m not getting no where. Also on another not not running the hitachi oil in machine.

Replies6
  1. #1BigWrench552020-06-11 21:58

    Will the fan ever go into high rpms on its own or does it just spin at low speed? If the fan doesn't change speed with the working conditions then it's likely that the modulating valve you unplugged is bad.

  2. #2mg23612020-06-12 06:18

    Welcome to HEF Chris ! Did you shoot the system with a temperature gun to confirm it is overheating? I say this because this machine should have both a temp sensor (for gauge) and a temp switch (light and alarm). If for example you have a bad temp switch and the light and alarm comes on then the circuit overrides the gauge and sends the gauge to the hot zone, even if the temp sensor is at normal operating temperature. Hydraulic oil getting overheated as well or just the engine? With the solenoid unplugged it should have been 1270-1370 rpm. Was the oil at operating temperature? What oil is in the machine? Fan spinning in the correct direction? Installed correctly? Does it have a Parker fan motor or a KYB fan motor? The Parker's have been problematic. I would perform a fan motor case drain test and possibly a fan pump flow test.

  3. #3mg23612020-06-12 11:57

    Also did you check the temperature difference on the radiator inlet and outlet? It could help determine if you have an air flow issue or a coolant flow issue.

  4. #4LACHAU2020-06-13 05:54

    Even Though fan speed is up to 1150 rpm it still lower than standard value!! 100 rpm/1270 rpm that can fix your issue depend on how overheating is. Also a hydraulic system malfunction can cause overheating symptoms!

  5. #5Mbar2020-06-13 07:13

    Pull the valve out and see if the is any debris stuck in it. Similar to a stuck relief. It will keep the fan speed down even. Had this happen once. Almost pulled. My hair out trying to find it.

  6. #6KenAl2020-07-03 23:31

    Fan motor fan motor fan motor! Changed at least 20 of these. Not many fan pumps. You probably have changed a couple fan reverse solenoids I bet due to leaking or coming apart. Deere has a case drain spec for the motor. That is bull. It’s a vane motor. Does have a third line but that is just in case oil goes down past the shaft you don’t blow the seal. I have had absolutely trashed motors missing vanes with Zero oil coming out of that line. these motors do not last very long. There is an expensive update to piston motors to rectify this problem but most just keep changing the motor.