Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi120ex valve control module

paulroy2011 ยท 2024-06-03 14:35

How do I test a PVC module on a Hitachi 120 ex.

Replies12
  1. #1paulroy20112024-06-04 15:38

    So this is what I found when I opened the bottom control unit. The r1 resistor seems to be fried and maybe a diode too. Can anyone tell me what the input and output devices are for this board so I can see if there is a defective one that is drawing too much current Thank you

  2. #2mg23612024-06-05 05:13

    That is a 10 ohm 4 watt resistor. Most likely, that will be all it needs. They fry when someone uses more than a 1 amp fuse in the F7 spot.

  3. #3paulroy20112024-06-05 07:38

    Thank you for this info. Now I wonder why it drew too much current. Im trying to find out the sensors and output devices that might cause the over current.

  4. #4mg23612024-06-05 12:01

    That resistor does not power any output devices. That resistor is part of the 5 volt reference circuit for the Angle sensor, Differential Pressure sensor and the Pump Delivery Pressure sensor circuits. One of these sensors or its wiring are shorting to ground causing that resistor to burn.

  5. #5paulroy20112024-06-13 06:39

    Update we got the resistor fixed. We disconnected all the sensors mentioned and tested the wiring and sensors to gnd. Didn't detect any short circuit. Plugged the PVC module back in and connected one sensor at a time cycling the module each time. Everything was ok. Started the machine and it was working ok. Let idle for about an half an hour with no issues. Once the operator started to crawl and swing at the same time the fuse blew. We are back to square one. Seems that maybe one of the sensors gnds out when it actuates. I'm not sure if the angle sensor is a variable resistor or a hall effect device. Thinking it might be time to install a conversion kit. What are your thoughts on these kits. Thank you

  6. #6mg23612024-06-13 11:52

    Sounds like one of the sensors are shorting. I have no opinion on them. I never installed one and never will. There are plenty of posts here on the forum about them. Most not so good.

  7. #7paulroy20112024-08-11 07:31

    Can anyone tell me the printout of the angle sensor.

  8. #8mg23612024-08-11 08:16

    Check your messages.

  9. #9paulroy20112024-08-11 12:39

    Thank you this is what I needed.

  10. #10paulroy20112024-08-11 12:52

    Thank you for this.

  11. #11Steve Austin2024-08-11 15:32

    Most of the customers i know who have installed these conversion kits either have excessive engine pulldown or slower than normal hydraulics. Some are ok with the slower hydraulics, but none are happy with the excessive engine pulldown.

  12. #12paulroy20112024-08-12 07:04

    Thank you I think I'll try to fix the sensor problem.