Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hole Digger

wrenchbender ยท 2007-04-07 20:36

GI hole digger & post setter 194?

Replies8
  1. #1PSDF3502007-04-07 20:42

    I like that. Bet it's a brute.

  2. #2wrenchbender2007-04-07 21:34

    We bought it to resale back in the late 70's as I remember it was under powered for the road but would bore like nobody's buisness. Guess that the extra weight of the drill was a little much for the truck. It was built in the 40's can't recall exactly what year modle.

  3. #3PSDF3502007-04-07 21:43

    My farther used to plow with a 50's m37/57? it was not fast. But could move mountains.

  4. #4atgreene2007-04-07 21:45

    Buddy of mine has an M37 with a 7' snowblower run off the pto on the tranny, shafted back up to the front. Uses a fisher plow frame to hook it up. Nice rig.

  5. #5digger242j2007-04-07 22:03

    Since you obviously passed the test, I moved the threa here to Old Iron.

  6. #6wrenchbender2007-04-07 22:27

    Thanks digger I ain't to good at test glad to hear I passed this one.lol PSDF350, You're right about moving mountains just so slow you can't tell their moving. atgreene, There's so many uses for these old truck it's mind boggling. Uncle Sam had them built to be whatever you could imagine, somewhere around here I have a pic of a cherry picker mounted on a 2 1/2 ton I think.

  7. #7Countryboy2007-04-09 03:32

    Good looking truck Wrenchbender. :drinkup Is everything (engine, tranny, etc.) original on it?

  8. #8wrenchbender2007-04-09 07:21

    Was when we sold it. Been a whike now and I havn't seen it around in a few years.