hi i am looking to know the size (dimensions and tonnage ) of your hollow rams i got my hands on a small hollow ram only a baby 10 ton but with access to a lathe i recon i can throw one together out of bits i have lying about looking to make one about 30 ton thanks paul
Hi Caterpillar, I have a 15 ton and a 60 ton the 60 is abit on the heavy side! Going to buy one of these in the new year! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30ton-50m...191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20dc725a37 Think there well priced! PS Were you based at?
based up north in county down were about are you based? i seen that 30 ton ram for sale before it is very well priced trying to get the boss to pay out for one is another mater we have 10 ton hollow puller kit as part of an injector puller set for most of my work on trucks i does fine but my biggest problem with it is it is only suited to have a 16mm threaded bar though it which and fairly shift when it breaks i have gathered up a few bit to make up my own so it will only realey cost time which can be done when we are slack the most sensible thing to do would be buy one but where is the fun in that its more just for a try to see if i can make one that works well thanks
Im based Near Dungannon, so not to far away! I had thought of building one to, til i seen that one, its certainly well priced, i gave more for my 15 ton s/h I know what you mean about breaking the rods, had a 30mm go last year with the 60 ton jack, no joke it sent both ends about 60 ft each way! Good job no one was in front!
i read tc tractor talking about only using high tensile threaded bar just wondering what you bar you use? (8.8 12.9 or something else) just wondering do you do line boring? might have a few jobs coming up that will most likely need boring and not to sound like i am being nosiey but what type of pump do you use and what type of pressures thanks paul
Hi there, I have a 30 and 60 ton hollow ram. I use the 30 ton for 90% of my work. Am overseas at the minute, if you need any dimensions I will be home in 2 weeks. Steve
yeah if you could get me the dimensions that would be much appreciated i might be very wrong but i have a 10ton hollow ram if i simply made one twice as big would it be 20 ton? thanks paul
tonnage is square inches of "effective area" x 10,000 psi, or whatever the metric equivalent is. A standard piston twice the diameter would be four times the area. For a hollow one you figure the effective area by the area of the big circle (diameter) minus the area of the little circle (diameter). area of a circle=pi (radius squared). Of course the wall thickness will have to be increased (a little more than "proportionally"?) but you'll have to get somebody else to explain that if you don't want to just guess.
I have thought about building portapower rams before. I wondered if it would be hard to build one? Has any one built one before?
I'll send you the dimensions of a 30 ton hollow cylinder when I get home
much appreciated trackdoc when i eventually get round to making it i will take pictures of how the build went ps is "home" ireland or kyrgzstan
Home is Ireland lol