Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Homage bw 172 no fuel. Priming procedure

JRuffryders0930 ยท 2015-11-18 08:03

Hey I have a Bomag bw 172 roller that one of my guys ran out of fuel. Is there a procedure to prime it back up. I am not getting fuel up to the injectors. And I do not see any pump to pump it up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1mikebramel2015-11-18 09:29

    If you feel around there should be a lever next to the fuel strainer bowl

  2. #2JRuffryders09302015-11-18 10:03

    Nope. Not finding any kind of lever. I removed the fuel pump that runs off the cam shaft and tried pump fuel through it by hand and on the bench but no fuel is going through it. I am thinking it might be the pump. Any ideas

  3. #3RoadWriter2015-11-30 20:53

    Running it out of fuel could have sucked some gunk up from the bottom of the tank. If you've got a BW172, BW172 D, BW172 PD, or BW172 PBD it should have a Deutz F4L 912 in it. Try cleaning the prefilter, then bleeding the fuel system. A BW172 D-2 or PD-2 should have a Deutz BF4L 1011. In that case, you *shouldn't* have to bleed the fuel system after cleaning the strainer. Hope it works for ya. Let me know what you find out. 912, Cleaning 912, Bleeding 1011, Cleaning