This is an interesting set up. The bucket can be exchanged for a dozer blade. Guess Hoover is known for more than vacuum cleaners and dams. Not sure if it runs or not. Looks like it has been sitting on railroads planks for a little while.
A very convoluted peace of gear, never seen so many hydraulic rams or castings on a overloader.
Very heavy built. I forgot to get the big hyd. pump on the front in the pic. It was one of the first things I took a pic. of. Damn the sore back, I had to check out all the cool vintage equipment.
Really interesting linkage setup…looks like some pretty’beefy’ castings
What is the purpose of the bucket going over the cab?
Grab a scoop from the pile, back up to the truck and dump.... No turning or pivot.
Would speed up production on some jobs.
Just think of the noise when that first load hits the empty bed...... No gentle dumping like a regular bucket.... CRASH.... BANG!!!!