I bought this machine a couple of months ago. I have only put about 8 hrs on it since. It has 3800 hrs on the meter. A 318 chrysler industrial powers the machine and the truck is a F850 superduty with a 537 gas and a twin stick 10 spd. I would like to find a operators and service or shop manual for it, a copy if at all possible. I dug about 12 ft deep to take out a big stump and it never missed a lick. Any info about any weaknesses or certain little quirks or trouble spots would be very helpful as i plan on giving the old girl many for hrs. Best toy i ever bought. Also off the subject I am about to purchase a exforestry one ton 4wd chevy pickup, it has the 401 v6 and would like to do a swap. Does anyone know if anohter motor such as a smallblock would bolt to the bellhousing. I know they made it a diesel but i have heard that they were junk. Glad i found this website, another thing to burn up time that i should be out workin. lol Frank:usa
Dang it I am not much on the pc try the pics again:usa
Most of the larger(over 355) V6s in that engine series used a two piece sae belhousing . what ever motor you get to replace the v6 you will need to get either the motor half of sae belhousing or full belhousing if the truck is so equiped. if you require a full belhousing it will have to match both motor and trans
Ain't that the truth... Welcome to the forums! On the Hopto--is there anything (besides the operator paying attention to what he's doing), that keeps the boom from smacking into the truck cab?
hopto Nope if a person wanted, i supose they could dispose of the cab with the excavator, one thing i will say is that a buddy of mine was playing around and killed it working uphill and it swung 180 degrees right over the top of the cab of the truck, didnt go around very fast but i was glad it cleared the cab:usa
hopto Hi Every one, my first time on here I run a small model making company and i am intrested in the hopto 300 machine, they were made over here in the UK under licence by JCB back in the early 60's, they badged the machine as a JCB 7, but i am intrested in doing a small run of this model as a Hopto, could any one help me with pics please. Best regards Martyn
Welcome to HEF modelmaker! :drinkup
reply to modelmaker I would be glad to try to help with pictures and dimensions, and if you are going to do the one i have would it be on the ford? maybe we could work out a trade, i would be interested in a model Frank:usa
greetings Frank.. that would be good of you, its mainly the excavator i am intrested in, but i shall look at mounting it on a truck, and i am sure we can work something out for you. Martyn
Scale model of unusual machine? We all see scale models of tracked excavators and wheeled (rubber ducks) but would anyone buy models of these truck mounted classics??? Wot do use think guys?
Hello I knew that the first JCB Hydraulic excavator 7 was a hopto machine, but did JCB also offer the truck mounted model, i only knew the JCB 7 as a track hoe. By the way, does anybody know the weight class of the Warner ans Swasey Hopto H 700? Greets Andy
Hi Andy, no they didnt do a truck mounted version, they did play with a truck mounted crane version though, but did not follow it through. Martyn
pic of my dad's 300 from the early/mid 60's here's a pic of my dad's 300 he had mounted on a ford cabover.
this was the basis of the jcb7? wow... didnt hopto make the 1900 too? 100 tonner i believe.. any pics would be appreciated..
yes this was the machine that got JCB started on 360's, it was made under licence from Warner Swassey, but JCB being JCB altered it with their own boom and dipper, undercarrige, and other bits an pieces, until they produced the 6, and they did play with a truck mounted crane version but it never got past the prototype version. Also a big thank you to Dayexco for his picture. :drinkup Martyn
Hello @modelmaker i ve to say you did a rellay good job on this model, what scale is ist? I am also a model builder in 1:87, but so far i ve only built O&K Models from Herpa, Kibri, Wiking etc. Excavator parts. Does anybody know what weight class the Hopto H 700 is? I ve never seen a truck mountened Excavator working, except the Gradalls, but I think its quite difficult to operate such a machine, the wheeled Excavators that are very popular in Austria can be difficult when leaving a hard and stable surface, and with a truck beneath the Machine its surly not easy? Greets from Austria Andy
Andy .. it will be in 1/35th scale, what you see on pic is just the master made in plastic card, it has now been moulded and cast in metal alloy, just waiting for paint now on the first one, should be on show tomorrow night. Poclain had a number of truck mounted machines back in the 60's and so did Liebherr, but they did not catch on in europe. Wheeled mounted machines (rubber ducks) are very popular over in europe and versatile, its sturdy enough when you get used to it, i have driven a few back in the 70's but not the same as a track mounted machine. :drinkup Martyn
all done
very nice!
hey, I just logged onto this site & good to see all the interest In the warner & swaysey I thought I was the only person left owning one. What I have is a Warner & swaysey 311 track excavator & I need used parts or any info I can find. Thanks from canada, shane.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums hi-ball! :drinkup
Craigslist I see this unit is for sale on Craigslist, I wonder if a person get get any use out of something like this or would it be more headache then what it's worth?
I downloaded these pics from somewhere I can't remember any more but I've heard many stories about the 1900 I've even tried looking for videos of one digging on youtube but haven't had any luck finding one. Oh I guess it was polytrac.de lol give him the credit.
I know of a Warner&swasey machine in whitecourt AB it was working up till this spring when it blew the main hyd hose coming off the pump thing runs and looks great. It is for sale if anyone is interested Im working with it's owner at the moment