John deere 644k, when the engine is revved up, there is a loud horn type sound coming from the engine compartment. no codes, coolant level full, replaced air filters thinking maybe one was collapsing. Don't see any clamps off anywhere. any suggestions? thanks in advance
check air connections on pressure side of turbo
I bet Dave is right in the thinking that it is a boosted air leak. You can isolate charge air system and slowly pressurize the system using compressed air to check. I wouldn't go above 25 psi, if it is a leak in the system you'll find it way before that.
I'll echo the above. A loose clamp will let the hose end chatter like the end of a balloon when you pull it tight and release the air. It let's out a howl that does sound like a car horn.
found issue was the actual turbo thanks for the tips
Nice when we get to hear what the problem was. Thank you for posting that. It will help somebody down the road.