Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Horton 10 ton G/N,flatbed

Timark80 ยท 2008-10-30 14:55

After shopping around quite abit,looks like I "might" buy a new dual tandem 26' gooseneck,dexter oilbath axles,16" steel belted radials,Duro tires(E rated),treated pine deck,with 2 jacks,$7000. Horton Hauler is made in Gainesville Ga. Anyone here familiar with this brand? I wanted a few opinions before buying.

Replies3
  1. #1jlm3352008-10-31 19:55

    me and my dad almost bought a 26ft 7ton deckover gooseneck and I really liked it, we found what we thought was an even better brand, that was PJ, But over all Horton makes good quality trailers the only thing I dont like about them is that they rust so fast. Where I worked over the summer bought a six ton between the axle equipment trailer in january and after sitting outside it was RUSTY by july...

  2. #2Timark802008-10-31 23:47

    Bought it today for $6500 It was a leftover 07',had some minor paint fade and dealer gave a can of paint for touch-up. It pulled very well,straight,no vibration on the way home,70-75mph on I-10. I've always heard if a trailer pulls empty, nice and smooth,it should be good for a full load,And I've pulled alot of loaded and empty trailers. I'm happy so far.Just can't wait to load her down for the real test.

  3. #3Shetland Sheepd2008-11-01 21:23

    I bought a new 24 ft 7 ton gooseneck flatdeck 3 years ago. I pull it with a Chev 3500 SRW 4x4 with 8.1L gas engine and Allison trans. I am very happy with the handling and load carrying ability of this trailer! That said, the less than ideal features are the welding, wiring and paint. I would say that the welding is physically solid, but not the prettiest. The paint is definitely second rate! Wiring to the lights was not the best either. Price was my primary concern when I bought it, ($5,000.00) and I guess that I got what I paid for. Dave