Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hoses for 1972 Case Backhoe

Ryan Remaly · 2023-04-03 21:11

I've attached images of the hoses I am trying to replace. Does anybody have suggestions for best dealers? Thanks.

Replies10
  1. #1Acoals2023-04-03 21:23

    You can get hoses made at auto parts stores or heavy equipment shops. Usually you fish the old hose out and take it in and they will make a copy. There are a lot of different fittings and such, so it is good to match them up. Just be careful not to mix the hoses up, either pull them out one at a time or mark them.

  2. #2Ryan Remaly2023-04-03 22:20

    Thank you Acoals

  3. #3chidog2023-04-03 22:23

    There are many hydraulic specialist outfits that specialize in building up those hoses. Do a search and you will find many.

  4. #4HarleyHappy2023-04-04 11:27

    For me, I only replace when they blow. Occasionaly I can find the exact length on Amazon. Also there are online places that make to fi much cheaper than a local hose shop. Just paid 80 bucks for a hose made at Napa because I needed it right then, could of got online for 40 bucks, free ship shipping.

  5. #5Tugger22023-04-04 13:21

    Go to the nearest hose supplier to you.Most make decent hoses now. See if you can find a chunk of telephone service cable thats filled with the tiny multi colored copper wires .They are great for making hoses like that. A 1"dia X 1' long chunk will give you hose markers for years. Scarp yards might have some if you dont know a utility cable splicer. Hopefully fibre optic and wireless hasnt elimated this handy trick.

  6. #6mekanik2023-04-04 13:27

    I keep an assortment of different coloured zip ties for that purpose.

  7. #7Welder Dave2023-04-04 19:16

    Shops that specialize in hyd. hoses are often better than places that do it as a sideline. They will have hyd. hose specific cutting machines that are less likely to put abrasive particles into the hose and more importantly will have a foam plug blaster to clean the hoses out after assembly. The last thing you want to do is introduce dirt into the system when putting a new hose on. Capping the new hoses is a good practice too. Hose shops can be less expensive too because they do more of them.

  8. #8Zewnten2023-04-04 20:26

    For online orders I've used discount hydraulics, usually half of parker shipped to my door based on my measurements.

  9. #9joe--h2023-04-05 00:21

    What Z said, https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/ And those going through the boom usually have a cover, get that new too. Joe H

  10. #10HarleyHappy2023-04-05 09:36

    I order 100’ rolls of 1” ID nylon hose protector from Amazon. Thanks for the thread, just remembered I used the last of mine for a tig torch extension.