I took a junk Landcruiser to the scrap yard today and there was a lowboy with a Hough 120 on it to be scrapped. It looked to be from the early 70s and appeared to be about the size of a cat 980 from the same period. It had an 8V92 in it, I figure it must have been transplanted because I don't think that motor was available as early as the machine appeared. Can anyone add some insight about the machine? I hated to see it heading to the graveyard, it really didn't appear to be in bad shape. Wish I had my camera with me!!
I've got to dig into the memory banks now. I don't think I've killed enough brain cells yet or you just reopened a pathway to another long dead memory. I think the 100 Hough was the same as a 980 Cat and the 120 was 988 size. They originally came with the International 817 engine. Later they became the 560 Hough that started with the same engine and eventually got changed to the K series Cummins. I had heard once that you could get a Detroit as an option but the 92 series did not exist at that time. I think those were a late sixties early seventies vintage machine. I can only remember working on one of them. We took off a set of log forks and found a H100 bucket that we had to modify to fit the bigger machine. That I think was 1980 and that machine was old and worn out then. But then again this could all be a figment of my imagination.
Wow! I'm havin trouble remembering yesterday.
Yesterday????? How far back was that!!!! A good day for me is if I see the sun rise. Just joking. I have always argued that nothing is beyond repair or a rebuild (certain exceptions apply). Just find the specs with engineering drawings and start your new project.........C ya..........Ray
HELLO, I AM NEW IN THIS FORUM AND SEARCHING INFOS FOR HOUGH H90E,I FOUND THESE PAGES WHO ARE VERY INTERRESST. I BOUGHT A PROJECT: A H90E WITH BAD ENGINE(DON't KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT THE PRECEDENT OWNER TELLS ME A PROBLERM WITH OIL/WATER EXCHANGER ON THE ENGINE) ENGINE IS DVT 573,AND OIL AND WATER ARE MIXING THEM. I JUST RECEIVE THE BIG TOY,AND I WILL OPEN THE HOOD TOMORROW TO SEE WHAT'S HAPPEN IN.ANOTHER BIG PROBLEM FOR ME AND MY ENGINE IS THAT I AM IN EUROPE, FRANCE..IT'S THE SAME THINK IF YOU HAVE A RENAULT IN ALABAMA...AND HERE HAVE VERY SMALL KNOWING OF THIS ENGINE,IT IS NOT SO CURRENT LIKE MERCEDES VOLVO OR IVECO IN EUROPE THERE'S A LOT BUT NO V8 573 ENGINE. IF SOMEONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM,THANKS FOR REPLY ! IT WILLL BE GREAT!
Georges, please switch off your caps lock. Thank you