Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough 65C Running Rough

JTWAT ยท 2014-11-14 22:53

Hey everyone. I have a Hough 65C Wheel Loader with a Intl. DT407 Engine in it. I have owned it for a couple of years and it has run well except for blowing black exhaust. In the last week it has started to loose power and blow more black smoke at wide open throttle with load. The engine slows and starts to "blubber". This happens intermittently. It has a Stanadyne DB injector pump. The air filter is new as well as the turbo. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1zlssefi2014-11-16 19:32

    check your fuel filters and fuel system for an obstruction. somtimes things floating in the tank can clog the inlet tube

  2. #2JTWAT2014-11-17 21:28

    Well, that's what I thought at first but I have cleaned the tank and have replaced the filters. The way it is smoking black smoke it seems as though it's loading up at WOT and getting too much rather than not enough fuel. What do you think about the injectors worn?

  3. #3zlssefi2014-11-18 06:46

    I would definitely have the pump and injectors checked. i have an IH 573B v8 turbo in an h-90E and had the injectors and pump done when we rebuilt that, made a world of difference!

  4. #4JTWAT2014-11-18 21:37

    Thanks, I guess I'll get the injectors checked first then go to the pump.

  5. #5zlssefi2014-11-19 07:05

    another thought. have you had all of the fuel lines off? or had them off for an extended period of time? i have a terex with a detroit we had the tank out to get repaired and some insects made cocoons in the lines...that made a pain in the you know what to fix.

  6. #6JTWAT2014-11-20 20:28

    No, none of the lines have been off. It just seems its getting too much fuel at top end with a load. Idles fine and mid RPM range is ok.