I just bought what I was told is a Hough 80 payloader does anyone have any info on this size loader?Or a site I can find info. weight,HP ect. I was also told it had a Cummins JT6 Turbo Diesel. Here are some pics
Anyone???
When I was getting out of the army my co. had these or something very close to it, some were set up as all terrain fork lifts . - but I cannot help you- other than to say check redpower website. those old hough- internationals interchange a lot of parts between models http://www.redpowermagazine.com
Thanks OneWelder.Any idea what IH model this would compair to.the one that sold it said it is basicly an International
Hough was bought out by international which was bought out dressa, and so forth so a hough 80 is the model - what I was trying to say is the components are probably used in other international equipment - for example that motor may have been used in a haul-pak , combine or dozer . I never did much with these and I would guess they stopped production in the sixty's - So most people are not going to remember many specifics.- Also this is about when articulated loaders came out which were so much better . The wheels appear to be standing straight with no grease leaks - When the bearings wear or go in planitaries the wheels tilt, then take out planetary gears- it is a big deal $ and parts could be tough to find Also being a military model some parts may not standard- esp. if there is m in serial number I wish I could be more help , but just do not remember much about them- You might try finding an old dealership , and see if they still have an old timer who remembers working on them
In thinking about it it probably does have Cummings in it
I did a search and manuals are availably for civilian models here- look about 3/4 of way down on pg. http://www.ssbtractor.com/hough_tractor_manuals.html
Thanks again. The guy I bought it from has been in the excavation buisness for over 50 years.and he seems to have a good reputation,& charactor.He told me all he knows about the machine.It seems to be really solid and functions well.On the weight does 32000 LBS sound about right?
About 20 years ago my neighbor sold one that looked just like this loader and it was a hough, the man who bought it started down the road,got about 1/8 mile away and threw a rod right threw the block.
It will have an International engine in it unless someone changed it. They were OK machines. The rear wheel steer dates the machine back to the sixties for sure.
Following is info I gleaned from the book Payline by Oscar H. Will: the H-80 series A was built from 1969-1972 and was an articulated model. Based on your pictures, this loader appears to be a model H-100 (introduced in 1962) which did weigh 32,000 lbs as you suggest above. It was available with either an IH or Cummins diesel engine, had an operating capacity of 10,500 pounds and a maximum lift of 28,000 pounds. The 100B was subsequently introduced in 1964.
Thanks.I got to look at it a little closer.The plate on it is pretty worn out,but it was built on April/"67, Model is a H-90 MC... I think it was MC? but whe weight was unreadable.It it a cummins tho.
Did you ever find out the weight...also have an old h90
I have the Hough H 60 D---Do you know anything about them??????
Just seen this, and im sure you found out what it is by now, BUT in case you didnt, its a Hough H-90CM military scoop type loader, As they put it, Machine is 24,100 lbs, Probably a 1964-1968 model, they came with a Rockwell BDB213 power shift transmission 4 speeds Forward and Reverse, Air brakes, Rigid frame machine, rear steer, 1600x24 tires, Rockwell Axles, a 163 HP Cummins JT6-B1 Engine ( 401 cubic inch) a 15 gallon hydraulic tank, along with a drott 4in1 bucket 2 1/2 yard... Also supposed to be a 10,000 lbs lift capacity on it also has 4x4 with a 4x4 in and out lever.. great machines i own one myself..
Your machine is an 80 not 100 Hough which is 30 ft long as I just measure one this morning and has a gvw of 69699 lbs
do you still have it,i m in a bad situation here,i just purchased online three pieces of equipment photos attached,dont have much info,all help will be highly appreciated i have only these pics available now
The Army tech manual for this machine is TM5-3805-201-15, you can do a search for it, I think I saw one on Ebay. The other option is to go on the Army web site and wade through all that stuff and find one as a PDF download.
Found this on GOOGLE: https://books.google.com/books?id=760XAAAAYAAJ&pg=RA1-PR24&lpg=RA1-PR24&dq=TM5-3805-201-15&source=bl&ots=NtMqsZ1gvk&sig=CNVa3S6N0OSBFvZXaT3bcF5v5Es&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDYQ6AEwBGoVChMIw7mEi4f8yAIVClseCh1u0wzR#v=onepage&q=TM5-3805-201-15&f=false
Hough H90cm Thanks alot for your kind help,this is my first time joining any forum,i guess i should have posted all three machines in their respective forums,thanks i got info for one,i still need info onn the scrapper and the fork lift,although the pictureS say make ATH and INH i guess they are also Hough.
The scraper is International Harvester, the fork lift at the top was made by Athey, they sold a number of different fork lifts to the Army. They are still in business, you can google and get a web site and a tech help to give you more details. Same with IH.
Sir i am sincerely thankful for your time and help,i could'nt find this info in 10 years,i m planning to sell where they are sitting in ny,this is not my cup of tea.thanks again
Guess I missed something! Why did you buy three pieces of equipment with no knowledge of what they were and now you say you are going to sell them because "this is not my cup of tea"?
I am a basically auctions guy and hunt for any and all equipment,i have friends who invest with me ,so i spend 8-12 hrs sifting through auctions,and sometime i find something which has very little time left in putting a bid on,these were bought in such condition,most of the time i put alot of time to analyze the market price before i jump in,i have been doing this since early 98,got stuck few times,but never lost.
thanks