Guy has one of these for sale although not sure they made a 930...Never had any experience with them but looks to be in good shape. Has an international turbo diesel. Are these good machines and are they easy to find parts for? Looks identical to a cat, wonder if parts would be similar or interchangeable.. Thanks!
Can you post a pic. or 2. Never heard of a Hough 930 but generally Hough were good loaders. Parts might be a little hard to find though.
if the cab is not on the front half Hough IH/Dresser didn't changed that design could it be a re-powered cat 930???
Or it could be a dresser 530.
I was thinking of what Hough/IH loader was close and forgot about the 530. They were were pretty common and good loaders too.
530 IH loader replaced a Hough 65 loader. The 530 is more the size of a 950 Cat. Around 1982 when Dresser bought IH construction, everything became Dresser with initially no change to the machines. FWD
I think they were 3yd. machines.
Possibly, as we had some 540 Houghs along with 560's. More I think of it there may have been a little 510 in the mix of the 500 series.
530's were generally 3 yds although other buckets were available. 930 Cats were smaller, maybe 2 to 2.5 yd buckets normally. FWD
Nice looking little machine. Sounds like they were good machines. I just wonder how difficult it would be to get parts although if International made the engine it might be easy for that...the pump maybe a little more difficult but maybe not...?
Well that answers on thing the S/N tag says it an H80 B No idea how or why someone is calling it a 930!
No Cat parts for that loader, except maybe a tire. FWD
How do you pronounce Hough. My old man had one in the late 80’s and we always called it a “hough”. But most pronounce it “huff”. I think it was a word play on huff and puff. But interested what others think. Ours was a rear axle steer with a cabin. Was also addicted to areostart. Old man liked his.
I always heard Huff as how it pronounced. FWD
I never heard the term aerostart. I like that..... summer air. The ether bunny.
Aerostart i mean. Also called start ya b*****d.
I think there was a thread on an H80B that someone on the forum bought and was fixing up a few years ago. It's bigger than a 530 but a little older.
The old Houghs were good machines. Very very hard to get parts to get parts 20 years ago. Almost impossible now. We had a guy that specialized in Hough parts. He gave up on them about 15 years ago.
Glad you could make that out. I couldn't read that to save my life!
Komatsu Dresser might still have parts. FP Smith & Equipment is a equipment dismantler in Fairfield ,Ca sells international parts.