Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough H80B IH 466 Injector Puller and Compression Adapter??

angelsairman · 2020-09-04 18:49

I am working on what i believe is a 1979 Hough H80B SN H80B350?03U00194 powered by what I think is a IH DT466. Number on the block was 466TD2U016638. All mechanical injection. Can anyone recommend an injector puller as well as adapter for compression testing?

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2020-09-04 19:07

    Not being familiar with a DT466 is there a chance you could post a picture of the injector area of the engine? Some diesels only need a small pry bar type tool to remove injectors. But it also depends on how long they have been in there. Like some of the 1960's vintage Mack engines. If they were only in there a short time the only tool needed to remove them was your fingers after undoing a couple lines and nuts. Now if they had been in there for ten years on an over the road truck up here in the north LOTS OF LUCK!

  2. #2angelsairman2020-09-05 07:27

    Kshansen, Thank you for your response. I cant get back to the machine until next week but the injectors are this style.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2020-09-05 08:27

    All u need is a slide hammer type puller.. u can rent them at most/some parts store.. Or buy 1 on eBay.. I’m pretty sure that’s a 14mm thread.?? Just take a 12 & 14mm wrench w u next time your at the machine & w the OPEN END of the wrench, try to fit the wrench on the THREADS.. THAT will tell u which size I have.. But I believe it’s a 14mm.

  4. #4angelsairman2020-09-05 10:05

    Thank you for the info!!