Recently bought a Hough H90C. It runs and I drove it a bit but needs injectors overhauled from the look of all the black smoke. Also I see that PowerMax engine parts are available for the big DVT 573 cornbinder. Does anyone have an opinion on their parts good or bad? I know the loader is a good machine very robust and well made as is characteristic of International.
Does the smoke clear up under throttle?
No it was smokin pretty good. Engine is showing 3000 hours which is probably from rebuild but as is often the case they may not have had the injectors overhauled.
Excessive smoke is an indication of not enough air for the amount of fuel injected into the cylinders or the timing is too late or there is a compression issue . The first thing to check is the air intake system: air filter and precleaner. Then the turbocharger , related piping and aftercooler. Then valve adjustment and timing. Then injectors and cylinder compressions: a bad valve or head gasket will cause charge temperature to be too low for complete combustion.
Many thanks for your reply.