this loader is sitting at a local auction for this next weekend. i have been looking for a decent sized machine older machine for awhile for piling brush piles and other clearing work. what can you guys tell me about it. i believe its a hough 100. engine block has IH stamped in it. whats it worth. its decently clean. cab looks small. any idea what year it is? what its worth? or where i can find the serial tags on it? thanks alot!
If its got IH stamped on the engine block I would say its probably a DT 817 engine, same as in the TD 25B/Cs other than that never had much to do with them.Cheers RDG.
I've owned a couple H-90C's. They were good machines but parts now are very very hard to get. There were 5 or 6 times as many h 90's as compared to h 100's so I'd bet parts for the 100's are impossible to get.
No Idea on value, I worked on many of those and the 120's back in the 70's or later. The S/N for the machine is not on a tag. Look on frame in picture ending in 123.jpg just a bit forward of the radiator housing in the area where the latches that would have held the side covers on. Numbers are stamped in the frame maybe 1/2 inch tall letters. If I was in the market for something of this size I'd be tempted to pass on one with the IH DT-817engine, not that they were bad but if you could find one that came with the NH855 Cummins there would be a little better parts availability. Then again it all depends on the price and how much you plan on using it. I'd try to get there before anyone has had time to start it and see if it starts good cold. Hate to tell you how many we probably sold for scrap, but then when we were done with them that's about all the were! If you do buy it let me know as I might have some old books kicking around.