Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough wheel loader

Panhandler ยท 2006-01-27 10:30

Hough H65C engine My dad has a Hough wheel loader model #H65C. It currently has a Perkins engine that needs replaced. What HP would this loader have had originally. I assume it had an International engine originally? What would be a good contact for Hough parts & questions? Thanks! Scott

Replies29
  1. #1cat3202006-01-27 16:01

    Well i don't know if they guy will tell you what you need to know but try www.luckosales.com He redid a hough 60 series and he might know where to get parts for them .

  2. #2speer0312009-05-06 23:33

    My guess would be in the 90 to 125 hp range

  3. #3chansey2010-03-21 12:31

    H65C Engine Most came with a D or DT404 I replaced mine with a B model DT466 and worked great--was a mix/match for parts from the two since the DT466 was from a OTR truck Still have the loader and still starts on the first crank

  4. #4Kiwi Will2010-04-06 03:06

    Great loader these. I have a general ignorance about the ol girl but she starts & works away with such reliability. I have only had it for use for about 4 yrs. Look forward to following this thread

  5. #5maxxum2010-04-13 04:19

    Hi, I got one of these and it has an ih DT 358 engine. Not sure about the rating, but around 125-130 hp. Doesent sem to be the most popular loader, very little info online about these.

  6. #6Kiwi Will2010-10-29 05:06

    I have been given a BRAND NEW Sales brochure! Whow, what a gift! A real surprise that one is still around! Sadly (or maybe frighteningly) it doesn't have what the price was back in the days when it was new but, with regards to your question re HP of the Hough 65C. Here in New Zealand, the assembler (who gave me the pamphlet/brochure and has been such a wonderfully helpful and generous chap) put the DT414 engine in them for our NZ market. DT 414 as a rated HP of 158 Flywheel HP = 147 HP AMA HP U.S. tax purposes..... = 44.4 (what ever that means) I was very kindly lent the 2 workshop manuals for the machines Engine & Chassis, as well as the Operators Manual. If you want some specifications, feel free to give us a yoodle. Cheers

  7. #7lenray2011-06-27 19:32

    I have a HOUGH H60-D---what year approx. would that be???? tHANKS

  8. #8tylerjm2011-07-03 20:17

    tyler here. i just bought a hough rt 450 wheel loader and would like to know where i can get info on it

  9. #9bwmwaima2011-07-26 04:47

    There was a cummins 5.9 litre conversion available for the international 530 which appears to have same frame as 65c. I have put a John Deere 6068T, (6.8 L ) into my international 530 with out too many problems, similar specs to 466B inter engine.

  10. #10Invent_4U2011-08-01 14:42

    I have beeen registered for some time but due to many irons in the fire I haven't had the chance to mmeet any of you. Unfortunately in this posting I can only verify what is "Uncommonly Common" I was looking for information from someone on how to back my braks off on the from of my H60 Payloader (standard frame) but I have noticed a pattern here reguarding 3rd gear. I noticed someone mentioned a stop but doesn't anyone else find it uncommon for so many H60-h90 that only have 1-2-3 gears have 3rd gear that is out. I just bought my H60 this spring but the 3rd gear is supposed to be out of it too. I only know it has a version of a hydrostatic shift (i would call it for lack of a better term) and 3rd is supposed to be out. I cannot find any manuals that I can afford or I find reasonable I guess. This is the first Hough I have had anything to do with them but I would like to hear if anyone else finds this strange. I also really need to know how to back my brakes off as for no reason one day they started dragging. I have worked on a lot of equipment with air over hyd. but I have no idea where to adjust the front brakes or where the air release is to see if it is completely releasing. If anyone can help let me know, please. I can help you out with a place to get parts for Hough loaders they are a Kamatu dealer that supports Hough and aren't seeming to be too well versed but they get an A+ for effort from me and can get parts. Here is the contact info for you Roland Macinery Co. 604 Stockley Rd. DeForrest WI Call: 1-608-842-4151 and ask for Dennis Tofte I hope this helps you and anyone else.

  11. #11Invent_4U2011-08-01 14:53

    Hey guys, I apologies I got turned around and this reply was supposed to go under the thread started by: lenray on 6-27-11 Titled ; Hough 60-D. But I hope someone here can get some good out of contacting the dealer I listed at the end of my reply. Invent_4U

  12. #12dkoehmst2011-08-29 17:50

    i need to replace the engine in a hugh h100c, it has a dt817 engine in it, which other ih engines have the same bell housing mounts, i have located a ud 24 power unit with working engine but not sure if it will bolt up, and i have heard that the cummins 855 will fit, what types of motors can be installed, a little loss of power is ok since the loader is used for light work. thanks dave

  13. #13Auctioneerhere2011-09-07 23:15

    I have a complete set of operators & repair manuals for the H65. They are handy when tearing into it.

  14. #14littleplows2012-04-09 16:34

    Do you still have those manuals for the H65C

  15. #15lenray2012-04-09 21:41

    Hello Littleplows---you must have me mixed up with someone else---I have two HOUGH H 60'S--STRAIGHT FRAMES

  16. #16littleplows2012-04-09 22:27

    Actually Lenray i was trying to reply to Auctioneerhere to see if he had one

  17. #17JTWAT2012-04-16 20:46

    H65C Engine My 65C has a IH DT407 Just wondering what the TT stands for in the Engine Serial Number??

  18. #18oldequip2012-07-02 09:28

    Hough 50 straight frame Needs a pump, or a rebuild kit. 2 of 4 bushings cracked and allowed out of center rotation which chewed the shaft. If I can't find parts reasonable, ill build up the bushings, and lathe the shaft to fit. Only #s I can find on the pump look like casting #s. Unless those are the numbers I need. Its a 3 sp with shuttle shift. The auxiliary is setup with a flange to bolt on something besides a pump for different application I'd imagine. It had a 6cyl diesel, then a 6cyl gas. Now a '64 high compression Chrysler 318. Yes, custom bellhousing adapter. And its got plenty of grunt. The drott 4in1 clam spoiled me clearing this field of trees. I feel icky using a straight bucket.... Anyways any more info needed just ask, ill provide whatever I can find on the machine. I'm not sure what pumps were common on this model machine. Its a gear pump. Thanks, jason Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

  19. #19DMA2012-07-10 00:48

    hough 60 loader steering issues would anyone know what causes tough steering in a 60 hough. It has been like this for years and just is impossible to steer

  20. #20Mike Van2012-07-10 05:50

    The first cause listed in my Trojan [1962] manual is dirty oil - ? Followed by wear on sleave & spool, wear on orbit gear, pump problems [low pressure] actuator problem, or lastly, problem with lines [crushed] or filter.

  21. #21oldequip2012-07-10 06:41

    Its a Tyson pump? Spring loaded wear plates. One shop has one for $3000. I paid $3000 for the machine 35 years ago...

  22. #22JTWAT2012-07-26 23:31

    I have a 65C and have all the books for it including the manual for the IH DT407 engine in it. I have rebuilt both steering cylinders due to leaking and will also rebuild the boom and bucket cyl. i have not started on the brakes yet. If anyone needs any specs for the 65C et me know. I am looking for a used turbo if anyone may have one. the one on the engine has rusted and leaks.

  23. #23rooster12012-08-23 05:10

    Hi Guys I'V just bought an old hough loader i think a model 60 with a 6v53 Detroit but no markings or numbers to be found, After fuel and filter change I started the engine after 10 years of sitting and it started after about 3 miniuts of total cranking. but i can't shut it down!! it is idling about 3-400 RPM to high and the governor shut off won't kill the engine. I think the high RPM is the problem but don't know??and the throttle rod won't lower the RPM . has anybody had this problem or could help it would be great.

  24. #24250c2012-08-23 19:56

    Welcome Rooster 1 My guess is that something is stuck on your linkage and not letting the racks shut,I'd try it with the linkage disconnected first if that doesn't do it your problem is likely in the racks probably something rusted on themnot letting them close.

  25. #25sheetalsagar2012-08-24 05:12

    Hi tylerjm, in which place you brought wheel loader their you can get information about your product. and for more information you can search on the internet.

  26. #26rooster12012-09-02 12:29

    OK with a little running after ten years of sitting it's shutting the engine off , i found the tags and it is a H65 rear wheel steering. does anybody know where i could get a steer shaft CV jount??? the retainer is broken and all the steel ball bearings fell out--no 4 wheel drive it is a rockwell rear end.

  27. #27largeboar2014-01-12 19:36

    I just got a H65c and it will not move so I was gonna check the transmission fluid and can't find a dipstick. how are you suppose to check the transmission fluid?

  28. #28Snuffy22014-03-04 07:02

    Good morning "Largeboar" in answer to your question on1-12-2014 about where the transmission dipstick is located, look on the right side of the machine. There is a large opening in the side of the frame near the bottom of the transmission(round hole) you will find the dipstick near the bottom of the transmission (not the torque converter)

  29. #29Norbert772017-04-03 11:36

    Hi, in post 19 it said the transmission is a shuttle type 3 speed. Does that mean shift on the fly?