Was wondering what the going rate for a blade with operator. My dad has a 772 A John Deere and does custom work for farmers and ranchers in the area. He does alot of road maintaining and building new road. Just wondering what the average rate is around. I don't think he charges near enough but the machine is paid for so its not like he has to pay the banker every year but he is just barely charging more an hour what the shop would charge an hour to do any major work.
He charges 100 an hour for maintaining and building roads doesn't seem like enough to me.
hourly rate Here in Australia, if I have to do a private job, the council charge me out at $200 an hour, that is taking into account my overtime rate and some other charge which is 20 percent. To me it is too expensive, people pay it though because l am usually there and convenient to them.
Well me and my dad charges around 120-130$ an hour for that kind of work. We're based in Sweden however so it's not really a fair/accurate comparison. - Niklas
hi,in kenya i charge about 150usd per hour for the cat 120g..can anyone give me a quote for a 21 tonne excavator.
here in northern MN, alot of the contracted work for townships vary from $ 70-90/hr, generally for just maintenance of gravel roads.
I charge 75.00/hour for an old 562. Insurance is cheap, mainly because I'm NOT covered for working on public roads, just for using them to get from A to B. It's cheap, but I'm making money and getting work that I wouldn't get at a higher price. In the local area I'm the same price as the tractor backhoes. I'm cheaper than the nearest other private grader, which is out of my area. Last I heard he's 95/hour, but he's in a city of 40,000 with lots of work available and big contractors that peopl are used to paying more than that. The municipal equipment I use at my day job is billed back (from the fleet dept. to public works) at about 50.00/hour, without labour, so I'm not far off thier rates, just a little low.
Around here I do a 120 size at 120 an hour 140 at 140an hour. add 5 bucks for all wheel drive and another 10 for sanvik blades