reasonible speaking, I'm looking to rent one, I have 10-24'' stumps to get up will this dozer do it? Or what should I use, I've never operated a dozer before also. The soil is loamy and very dry as the rest of the southeast... WE NEED RAIN!!!
definitely a job for an excavator. maybe a 160 size. Might just be better to hire somone, with only 10 stumps.
they are 10-24 inch stumps..... 6acres worth.... land was just logged. alot more than 10 stumps.
It will get up most of the stumps less than 10 inches, but those big ol 24 inch hardwood stumps will give you a challenge. Like biggixxerjim stated this is definently and excavator job. Look a renting a excavator from the 160 -220 size. You may also want to look in to hiring someone to do the work for you if you have never been on amy equipment before. Digging up stumps is not the best thing to be doing if your just learning how to operate a machine though.
yea thats what I was thinking, but I always am hardheaded and wanna do it my self, only pointers on running the track hoe? I'm gonna get a estimate on having someone do it also, if I can afford it i'll probally go that route. I can drive the hell out of a fortlift though lol
:usa theres quite a bit of diff between a forklift and a trackhoe haha but thats ok everyone has to start somewhere i think just pullen stumps while your learning is perfect theres not a whole lot that could go wrong other than getting bored lol you should get a trackhoe with a 6 way dozer blade then after you pull the stumps you can do some rough grading...oh and to get rid of the stumps just dig a big *** whole and burry them easy as that good buddy GOOD LUCK:Cowboy
thanks ....
I agree with what's been said as far as using an excavator to remove the stumps. I don't agree that it is a good job for someone with little or no experience using one. There's a chance of ripping a hardline off the machine, denting a panel, or even having a stump or part of one come into the cab with you, which could be fatal. At the least, you could be getting a bill from the rental company for scratches, dents, or broken glass. I once took a gung-ho young man to the hospital after a rock catapulted off a root that broke loose, right through the front of the cab and into his face. He's lucky he didn't completely lose the eye. I'm not trying to discourage you from trying something new; just approach it with a bit of caution.
72V "I'm not trying to discourage you from trying something new; just approach it with a bit of caution." This is some of the best advice given on any subject ever!!
well just found out the guy clear cutting my land blew the engine in his truck so I 'm on hold again.... Its taken him 3 weeks to cut 75% of 6 acres, i'm getting pissed..... Maybe by the time hes done the stumps will be rotted and gone haha:Banghead
good luck on the whole pushing stumps with a 650 u can do it but its going to take some time we have a 650 and also a 450 and i like the 450 better seems like its got more power. but good luck with the stumps
We do this type of work all the time in roadbuilding in forestry. Rent (hire) a D7 or better yet, a TD-20 with good corner bits on it, and you will out produce a hoe and be able to concentrate the stumps too, without ending up with a mine field at the end of the day. My 2 cents.