Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How big will it handle?

xkv8tor ยท 2014-05-01 23:21

How big of a pull type scraper will a CAT 85D handle comfortably? Also do they make a combo style hitch where I could pull the scraper and then a Holmes rollerblade without a lot of monkeying around? Thanks, XKV8TOR :drinkup

Replies3
  1. #11466IH2014-05-02 01:32

    Not sure on scraper size but I have seen them with double 21yarders and you would either want to put a scraper hitch on the roller or buy a type scrapers which are generally smaller and can't pull doubles Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  2. #2big04cummins2014-05-25 13:22

    I've run the 85C challengers with tandem 17C Reynolds carryalls it handled them just fine in sand, silt, and heavy clays.

  3. #3Shimmy12014-09-15 23:43

    I ran my 1810E Deere for 10 yrs with a 75C. Sometimes struggled a little but all in all pretty good. I thought when I upgraded to my 95 I would be in the cat bird seat but the difference is kind of marginal.