Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How do you go about titling it???

3rdgendslmech ยท 2012-10-22 20:41

I've got a 74 kenworth W925. No powersteering, no brakes on the front axle, and the old torsion bar suspension. A buddy of mine is trying to part out or just sell outright a 94 Dodge Ram 3500 cab and chassis with a 5.9 cummins and a 5 speed. If I were to take the kenworth cab and hood and set it on the frame with the original cummins engine and transmission, how would I go about titling it? Do I use the VIN# from the Dodge even though the cab would be trashed, or so I use the VIN# from the KW? Has anbody else done something like that before?

Replies3
  1. #1FSERVICE2012-10-22 23:25

    in indiana use the kenworth vin#. you could use a hyd cyl with a battery powered unit to tilt it. the problem i think you will have is with the steering, getting it hooked up to the dodge truck.

  2. #2Dualie2012-10-22 23:43

    depends on who you ask. Most likely you would use the VIN from the KW. the stearing isnt that big of a deal as its just a couple of u-joints and braces to get it all lined up. running the brake master cylinder will take a bit more doings.

  3. #3Tiny2012-10-23 23:19

    VIN's can get you in trouble quick , Call the local Highway patrol office and get an answer from the people that will make your life miserable if you don't do it right .