Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How do you price used equipment today?

batyrkalar · 2025-12-30 10:20

Hey, quick question. When you price used equipment today, what do you actually do? I keep hearing dealers say they jump between MachineryTrader, auctions, calling other dealers, and gut feel. Curious how you personally do it and how long it usually takes.

Replies4
  1. #1sfrs42026-01-06 04:15

    depending on the machine, buy a relevant number of dice, roll them and use that for the figures, that seems to be what all the used machine dealers are doing now.

  2. #2Somele2026-01-14 23:29

    I check MachineryTrader and recent auction results first to set a range, make a few dealer calls if it’s a weird unit, then adjust for condition and demand. It can take anywhere from 10 minutes for common stuff to a couple of hours for specialty equipment.

  3. #3John C.2026-01-15 01:54

    I’ll send you a link to a couple of books when I get home.

  4. #4chidog2026-01-15 18:15

    That is simple, just weight the paint and see how much gold is in it.