cat e110b #9hf01123 I need to purge hydraulics. manual says to consult cat dealer what do I do?
Is this the same machine you were asking before regarding changing the hydraulic oil..? Which manual do you have..?
yes its the same I got the manual you recommended its the operation and maintenance manual from service manual pro
If all you have done is change the oil in the tank the attached procedure should be what you need, it's for a different S/N prefix but it will work. Did you remove and clean the suction strainer while you had the tank drained..?
I drained the hydraulics and changed the seals in the rotary because the steering wasn't working as it should I haven't put the oil in yet and I will be cleaning the suction strainer according to the manual
OK, so the system will be mostly full apart from the lines to the travel motors. I'd suggest that when you first start up follow the instructions on the file I posted above. Warm up the oil and exercise the boom/stick/bucket cylinders and the swing motor, then turn the house so that you have the boom at 90 deg to the tracks, ground the bucket in the correct position, shut off and check the tank level. If it was me at this point I would actually add some extra oil to the tank so that the level was over the full mark, then raise one track just in the air and slowly exercise that travel motor, then lower the machine down and check the tank level again. Then swing over to the other side and repeat the process for the other travel motor. So long as you go steady and try not to let the tank level get much below minimum on the sight glass you should be fine.
So in that pdf file you posted the instruction #20 is that the purge because that is in my manual? Thanks for all the additional info you really know your stuff
Some call it purging, some call it bleeding, some call it prelube, but yes it is. The idea is just to make sure that there isn't a slug of air next to the hydraulic implement pump suction that could possibly cause damage on startup.