Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How do you transport layton drag box paver

skidrowe ยท 2009-04-14 20:30

I am looking to buy a Layton drag box paver , it is very simple and very heavy ,no engine , paves 8-12 feet wide, and has steel tracks instead of wheels, rollers that attach to the rims on my truck to pull it. I can't figure out how to move it without a loader, can I chain it up some how to the back of my truck? There is no identification or model number on this thing , it is in great shape! I plan to use it for my road using re-cycled asphalt . I have googled in layton but can't get any usable info. Is there a Layton GURU out there that can help me? Thanks for any info

Replies2
  1. #1Raildudes dad2009-04-15 21:46

    My employer (county highway authority ) used to have one years ago. To haul it, you put the truck box up in the air and hooked short chains from the paver to the top of the tailgate. Put the box down and viola, the paver was lifted up off the road. I think the bottom / front of the paver was hooked to the truck with a pintle hitch.

  2. #2skidrowe2009-04-15 23:15

    Thanks raildudes dad I am going to check out the paver as soon as the weather breaks, I appreciate the info!!!