I guess I might be going to the Tech training course in TN. I was looking for some comments on how informative it is and worth the money? Experiences?
It depends on the class you take and how much you know. Our dealer keeps sending us every time we buy a mill. I went the first time in Jan 2010 to the process and application 2 day course...I've been milling 10 years so that was a complete waste of my time. All it was was a basic introduction to a wirtgen machine and what this switch does and that sensor yada yada. I showed the instructor a couple things he didn't know about the machine(W210) when we hadn't even put ours in the ground yet. I went again this last December after we bought another W210, this time I picked the Wirtgen introduction training 3 day class. That was an awesome class and was exactly what I was looking for. It was an extremely thorough class on troubleshooting electrical and hydraulic, as well as learning how to read their schematics in their books. The only downfall is it is all geared pretty much towards the 2000 series which doesn't help us a whole lot unless our 1200 goes down. We are looking at buying a w250 and they want to send us again, I am hoping by next winter they will have the 3 day class specifically on the 200 series. The instructor said they probably won't though considering the 200's will tell you exactly what is wrong whether it's switches, wires, relays, etc. Regardless if the classes help you or not, they take great care of you at the school and taking you to dinner. I enjoy going just for the trip.
Just did the same course your talking about but for the 200 series machine. We mainly went over the 210 and 250 but the same applies to all 200 series. The instructor, Tony was really helpful and you're right you can't beat the way they take care of you. even the drivers were great. I would highly recommend this to everybody if even only for the trip alone. and your right the dinner is a nice touch and the catering. I made some friends real quick with some info on rear steer safety disabling on the 210 . When Tony wasn't looking of course.
What exactly was the course called? Like I said they told me they weren't planning on doing any 200 series specific courses, so I'd like to check it out this winter if there is.
you would have to call them. I think it was call w200 series service training or something like that. they cover how to read schematics which are new to these machines and emergency towing and aux pump. and alot more im not thinking of. also use of the display for troubleshooting. taking apart the panenels the right way. too much to list
Them fellas I just got with up here laffed them off at Wirtgen when they went down with a buncha clowns from Costello, said they couldn't even get a steering controller diagnosed and had suggest ordering a new one over a 5 minute solder job....Cant say I havent seen it before but hey, I like a few of them in the office over there....full support and good knowledge of the equipment is priceless and, no matter how much I critic, I learn something new and am STILL learning a few tricks. Its actually turned into a trading game lately hahaha