Local truck show today.
Thanks for sharing . Dad rodeoed in a single axle Ford like post 2. Black pants. White button down collar shirt. Tie probably.
Nice showing of trucks!
Fun thing about this show, was the many from my old area. None recognized me, which enabled me to move from one group of BSer's to the next listening to the stories that have been twisted to fit imaginations. And finally about ten of them assembled and a discussion started about the original owner of my old Pete & I, which was 90% total BS. I just stood there listening not saying a word, as it finally wound down, before I was about to walk away I injected {Very interesting--I was the second owner of that Pete}, it got real quiet suddenly. It's the trouble with these shows, stories told so many times by people loosely repeating and adding stuff that never took place. * The best piece in this years show was the 1960 B83 log truck. Mostly original other than paint, air cleaner and spikes.
Spent Saturday quietly celebrating my 65'th birthday in Port O' Connor. No work or chores. Here is a pic of the boathouse at about 10:00 PM clearly showing the Intracoastal Canal and bay behind the spoil bank. Amazing what a cell cam can do.
Sounds like stories ‘gold miners’ tell & re-tell; really amazing how much incredibly rich ground exists! (not…..) Proper testing always brings out the real truth…
A great possibility of a trip this week to go look at this truck below. The boss came to the show yesterday and started a conversation about the fact he would like to have a old truck for the company to take to shows, but wondered was there anything left to own that was odd/old/Rare. {I know of the perfect truck Chris}! * A 1948 Arrow Tank Lines shop built in Hermiston Oregon. Only 53 of these were known to be built. Using Kenworth & Peterbilt cabs. Most powered by Hall Scotts, this one is Cummins powered, 4x3 IIRC. It was restored at one time then it was left to the elements. Consolidated Freight also built trucks using the same radiator shell, as far back as 1941. This one has one of the last cabs built by Kenworth without wing vent windows in doors, 1948 was last year for no vent windows. It's still in not too bad of condition, but will see if he follows through, he changes his mind like a squirrel crossing a street. If it does happen, I have a job ahead. It truly is a very rare machine. *
that shift cable on the main box looks familiar.............
I looked it over about 5 years ago, and I just don't remember every aspect of it when I took those photos. It's hiding in plain sight, a few know about it but most think it has no real value, which is incorrect. Shop built trucks came along because of WWII, and ended about the time this one was built. This one below is the only other I have seen in person. And it's rough like any others left today, and it has KW fenders too plus it's had doors changed because it has vent windows. *